11| GIRL MEETS NORMAL

MAYA HAD SPENT THE NIGHT AT DEREK'S. Derek didn't mind, the short blonde was growing on him. But once the sun came up she was gone.

Maya wasn't going to sit around and watch Scott's chances at living disappear.

Maya followed Lydia's footsteps. "I hope this works." Lydia said as she pulled Kira's jacket out of the locker. The girls heard a growl, "Lydia watch out" Maya yelled.

🎨

"Mason are you okay?" Maya asked. "My head.. Oh" "Yeah that's probably gonna hurt a lot." Lydia said. "There was this guy. Huge really huge. He had a skull on his face" Mason informed the girls.

"Yeah we know. We saw it." Maya said. "My phones missing" "Yeah I think that's the point." "Okay well why, what's does he want with us?" Mason asked. "I don't know. But it definitely doesn't want us to leave." Lydia said. "Why do you keep saying it?" Suddenly Mason caught sight of the monster. "What is that thing?" He asked.

"Not human" Maya and Lydia said in unison. For a few minutes the trio sat in silence waiting for the perfect moment to escape. But it was harder then they wanted. They stood with their backs pressed against the wall.

Maya stood in a deserted town. A black van pulled up, the back doors flew open. A berserker stood at the door and pulled Derek out throwing him on the floor. Maya watched as the monster attacked her cousin. She couldn't do anything, she was watching him die. The berserker stabbed Derek.

Tears fell like a waterfall from Maya's blue eyes. Her hand flew over her mouth as she tried to cover up her sobs. "Maya what did you see?" Lydia asked. Maya shook her head.

"I don't hear it. Come on." Lydia said. "No, no. There's only one way out on this side of the basement." Mason said. "I know" Maya zoned out the two and tried to compose herself right now was not the time to cry.

"Yeah he's blocking it." Mason said. The small group walked over to the a basket that held baseball bats. "Are you serious?" Mason asked. "Very" Lydia said. "A baseball bat? Against that guy ? Or thing or whatever it is."

"Does it look like we have other options?" Maya asked as she grabbed a bat. "Our friends are in trouble and so is Liam, your best friend. They need us. I'm going for it. And yes with a baseball bat."

Both Maya and Lydia made their way towards the berserker. "Aghhhh!" Mason yelled as he ran at the berserker. The monster hit all three. "Excuse me, catch." Sheriff said. The trio saw what he had thrown and they ran hiding from the explosion.

"You three okay?" They all nodded, "It was after Maya and me. It wanted us to stay in Beacon Hills. I think this was all some sort of distraction." Lydia said. "Because you both knew, they're trying to kill someone." Stilinski said.

"Kill who?" Mason asked. "Scott" the girls said in unison. Maya burst into tears, "Maya what wrong?" Stilinski asked as he pulled her into a hug. "Derek. He's gone, I saw it." Maya cried.

🎨

A few hours after seeing Derek die. Maya had received a call from the devil himself. He explained everything that had happened and that he'd be out of town for awhile. He promised to stay in contact and asked her to stay out of trouble.

Finally everything seemed to be getting back to normal but this was no longer normal for Maya but she could get used to it. Maya peaked into the locker room, "Liam, ready to go?" She asked. Liam nodded and made his way out of the locker room and to his girlfriend.

Things were finally going to be okay.