Prologue

The rain was just beginning to drizzle down, as a quiet argument began to take place at the residence of a newly parented household on the edge of a quiet little town.

"He knows of only one." A husband said looking at the ground.

"I wont do what I think you're suggesting." His wife looked at him her eyes bloodshot with the stress being put on her.

"We must, he knows of one child. We can hide the other."
The husband said looking at his wife comfortingly.

"No... absolutely not. I won't. I won't have this family ripped apart." Her voice shook with broken rage. 

"I don't like this idea any better than you do? Do you think i enjoy this? Having to..." He paused and ran his hands over his face. 

An eerie silence settled over the room. The recognition of what must be done settled deep into both of their heart.  

"But who do we send. Who?" The woman's voice held a bitter sharpness at its edge, but failed to mask her already impeding grief. 

"We both know who it must be." He crossed the kitchen and took his wife's hand.

"No. No it can't... why either of them." The woman sobbed into her husbands shirt, soaking it with her grief riddled tears, mourning the loss of a child she had yet to get to know. The question didn't need to be answered. She knew why. It was obvious why she must go. 

"We may never see her again. He may never see her. But she will be safe. She will have love. She will grow into her own." The man did all he could. He hugged his wife and spoke the words he hoped would come true. 

For a fortnight, the couple spent everyday looking for a respectable home for their precious daughter. Not any home would do. The family would have to be loving but most of all...Muggle.
Then she would be far removed from their world. perhaps by the time she was grown this madness would all be over. 

It had to be done quickly. The Dark Lord seemed to be looming around every dark shadow nowadays and the risk of holding onto her was growing too large. If this was going to be done. It must be done quickly.

The couple walked down the street quietly, cloak hoods pulled far down their faces.

They had only a day left, they must hurry.

A woman bustled by the couple, hurrying down the street. Without her eyes trained in front of her, she bumped into the cloaked woman. Sending papers flying into the air in a cascade of flittering white. 

The muggle woman began to sputter as she reached here and there for the papers. 

The cloaked woman leaned down to help, she thought of how strange it was to be so close to muggles who knew nothing of the threat looming around them. 

She picked up a piece of paper near the edge of the street and read briefly at the top of the page the address. It was for a muggle pregnancy clinic. This woman was having trouble concieving. 

"Im sorry the woman." said her voice shakey.

"Don't worry, it's my fault. Here you go." She said handing the distressed looking woman her papers.

"Thank you." She said shaking her head.
"Don't mention it." The wife said smiling.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

Later that night arrangements where made.
A glamour charm was set on the small child and the husband and wife set out into darkness, their eyes stinging with unshed tears.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

As the couple stealthily approached the house silent tears came from their eyes.

The house was dark and silent but, the muggle avetomeal in the drive way let them know that they were home.

The wife took the small bundle and wrapped it slightly tighter. She kissed the small child's forehead
"I love you baby girl, I want you to remember that, We love you."

The husband took the baby and kissed it's forehead.
"I love you baby, you'll always be my little princess." He tucked the note into the folds of the bundle, pressed the doorbell button and stepped back grabbing his wife's hand and bringing her across the street, their black cloaks blending into the night.

As they faced the house, tears streaming down their faces, theu saw a light come on in the entryway of the home.
A man opened the door, he looked both ways but due to the intensity of the night he saw no one. He bent down and picked up the small child.
Suddenly a loud crack sounded through the air. The last thing the couple saw was their baby being held by it's new father. The last thing they heard was the man calling to the new mother of their child.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

Now it was planned before hand that only a few people where to know about the child and fewer where to know of the childs new identity.
Among those who knew both where the godparents of the child who where watching it's twin this night.

As the couple apparated into their lounge the wife collapsed to the floor in a fit of sobs. Soft thumps where heard as a fair haired woman come down the stairs running into the lounge and caught her best friends.

Merriam and Elliott Zabini had just given away their daughter.