Uneasy~Chapter one

(A.N.- Hey everyone! I thought I'd write a new story! :D This chapter is a little slow, but tell me what you think. (: <3)

(Allison’s point of view)

            I waited in the hotel lobby as my mother talked to the man at the front desk. I looked around for something to do. The lobby was completely empty with the exception of my mother, the man behind the desk, and I.

            The lobby was pretty small, and it wasn’t very clean. There was a single couch in the corner of the room. It was light brown and had little holes and tears in it. I took out my old film camera and took a picture of it. When the camera flashed, the man at the desk shot me a glare. Ignoring him, I took another picture.

“Allison,” Mother called me over to her.

I slowly walked to her.

“Here,” She handed me the room key. “We’re room number thirty one. We’re on the third floor.”

            I nodded and quickly walked into the elevator. I pressed the button to take me to the third floor. The elevator shook a little as it started.

            The elevator floor was dirty and rough. The walls seemed to be peeling off. There were bits of remaining wall paper. I took out my camera and took a picture as the doors opened. I took a step out into the empty hallway.

            I slowly walked to my room. I stared up at the rotting wood door in front of me. The room number plate was missing. It looked like someone carved the number onto the door. I reached out and felt the indent in the wood.

            I lifted my camera up once more to take a picture. I let the camera drop. I felt my head lower slightly when it caught around my neck again.

            The rusty key roughly fit into the lock. I slowly turned the knob, as the door opened on its own with a loud creak. Stepping into the room made my stomach drop. It was dirty and old, and it smelled a little like death. I groaned and closed the door. I nervously played with the camera strap as I checked out the house.

The kitchen was connected to the living room, and the living room branched off into two single bedrooms and one bathroom. Everything was a dull brownish grey color, and there was dirt and dust on everything.

The kitchen was very small. It has a refrigerator—which I highly doubt worked—and a sink. There were a few cabinets above the sink. They all had duct tape holding them closed. I walked over to the sink and turned on the water. The water came out a yellowy color. I shook my head in disgust.

The living room had a TV that was resting on an old wooden table. In front of the TV was a couch with a spring poking out of the side and an old flower pattern—which was fading. Behind the couch was a giant window. I opened the curtains and looked at the dull outside weather.

The bedrooms were small and would only fit a small bed and a dresser. There were two bed frames and one mattress. The bed frames were rusty and bending in the middle. They were probably going to break in at least a week. There was a lamp in the corner of both rooms. One room was a dark fading green, and the other was a dirty yellow. I scraped off some of the cheap paint, and took a picture.

The door creaked open, and I whipped around.

“Jumpy?” My mom joked. How could she not be fazed by this?

“Mom, I don’t want to live here.” I bluntly stated.

“Hey, it’s the best we can afford. Your father didn’t leave us with much.” She joked, lugging in our stuff.

“Mom, don’t blame this on Dad. It’s not his fault he died.”

“Hey. Allison, stop it. God I sure hope you’re in a better mood than this when you go to school tomorrow.” The last part she said more to herself.

“Hey, Mom?”

“What Allison?” She sighed out, dropping everything.

“There’s only one mattress.”

“You can sleep on it.”

~~~

            That night I laid in my bed feeling uneasy. I was staring at the ceiling. There were a few awkwardly shaped stains. I impatiently tapped my finger on my chest as I tried to relax. Suddenly my lamp flickered out, leaving me alone in the dark.