Uneasy~Chapter twelve

(A.N.- Sorry for the late update<3 School -____________- ugh. aha)

I scrubbed until every last drop of blood was off. I knew it wasn’t my blood, but I was going to pretend for my mom. I told her I snuck outside and fell into a bush.

She believed me.

“I got the pictures honey!” Mom said happily, holding up my pictures, as she walked into the room. “I did it all by myself. I’m getting pretty damn good at this if I do say so myself.” She smiled cockily.

“Good job, Mom!” I laughed out of pity. I quickly grabbed the pictures out of her hands before she had time to look through them. I ran to my room and fell face first onto my bed.

I quickly scanned through all of my pictures until I found the ones I was looking for.

            The thing that crashed onto the top of the elevator was a person. They must have been in the elevator shafts and fallen down.

Their blood dripped into me.

A dead person’s blood.

            I ran to the bathroom and threw up the little food that was in my stomach. My eyes watered as I continued to throw up.

This is disgusting.

            I walked back to my room—scarred. My hands were shaking rapidly, and my body was so weak. My arms felt like twenty pound weights. And my legs felt as though they could only hold two pounds. I fell to my knees and stared at my bedroom window. Through the window I saw a little bat flying around in the darkness—taunting me with its freedom.

            I soon gained enough energy to walk to my window. I opened it and let the cold air hit my face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in.

            Through my relief, I felt something hit my face forcefully. I opened my eyes quickly to find the bat in my room. I screamed as it flew frantically around my room, trying to get out. I waved the air towards the open window, but that did nothing.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I muttered under my breath. “Mom!” I threw a book at it and it screeched. “Moooom!” I called again.

“Yes?” She opened my door. She ducked down as the bat flew over her head. “Allison, what was that?” Mom spoke firmly, trying to keep the fear out of her voice.

“A bat flew into my room…get it out!” I yelled as it flew back in. “Ew, Mom!”

“I’ll get it, I’ll get it!”

            I walked out of my room and listened from the living room couch. I heard the flutters of its wings frantically flapping. I heard my mom throwing things at the air.

Now my room is going to be messy.

I sighed—holding in a little laugh—and remembered the pictures from the elevator. It was risky, but I walked back into my room, and swiftly took the pictures into my hand before my mom noticed.

            I put the pictures in my shirt and relaxed on the couch. I found myself falling asleep as my mom continued her battle with the bat.

~~~

“It’s gone!” I woke up from my peaceful sleep as my mom walked back into the living room. “That must have been at least an hour.” She continued talking. “Oh, did I wake you up?”

I nodded and tiredly got up.

“Sorry honey.” She called after me as I entered my room.

“It’s fine…and thanks for getting rid of the bat.”

            I threw the pictures under my bed and crashed to my bed. I closed my heavy eyes and fell asleep again.

~~~

            I quickly walked through the halls of the hotel.

“Merry Christmas!” I heard someone yell cheerfully from behind me.

            I turned around to see Xander standing behind me. He was smiling brightly, and had a nice little Christmas hat on.

“Nice hat.” I laughed.

“Thanks, here.” He put it on my head. “For you.”

“No, it’s fine.” I didn’t really want his hat.

“You’re keeping it.”

“Fiiiine.” I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“So why are you rushing through the halls?”

“No reason…” I looked away.

Through the corner of my eyes I saw him raise an eyebrow. “Tell me.”

I sighed and pulled out the pictures from the elevator.

“So, what about it?” He asked and handed them back after he was done looking through them.

“What do you mean ‘what about it’? How could you not be freaked out?” I asked quickly.

“What?”

            I looked down at the pictures. They were of the blank elevator ceiling. There was nothing there. No blood. No body.

“Oh, sorry…uh, well I have to go.” I said quickly—very confused.

            I quickly walked away and ran to the elevator. When I arrive at the elevator I peaked my head inside and looked up. Nothing was there. Just a small little light just like always.

(A.N.- Thanks for reading!<3)