Pretty Proud of This

Damn... I love this :3 It's been a while since I've drawn on printer paper. I like how it turned out, especially the colouring, which I've been improving. I don't really know how else to improve my art style, since I'm pretty satisfied with how everything looks, even though I keep watching YouTube videos trying to pick up new tips anyway :P Anyway, this is a contest entry for AveragelyAwesome. This is her OC Safira with as a deertaur I guess. Everyone's been drawing deer lately, and I just want to say, I'm not just following the trend. I only drew a deer dude for my mum because that's really cute, and I wanted something original for this contest. What I noticed about the other entries was that almost everyone did wings, and most of the designs were pretty boring (no offence to anyone, I have a wacky taste). I wanted to bring something new to the table, so the only way I could do that was... Deertaurs. I suck at horses, seriously, so no to the centaurs and stuff. Her pose is pretty interesting, and weird actually. I think (at least I hope) I'm becoming better at drawing hands. I spent a while trying to think of a pose so I could hide her hands behind her back, but then I was like screw it, just draw both of them. So she's shrugging sorta sassy, like "Yeah, I'm a deer, whatever. Deal with it." Her right bang looks weird, because of a dumb mistake that I tried to cover up. Of course it didn't end well... Well anyway, hope you enjoy the picture, and good luck to everyone else entering.
Time: 1-2 hours idk
-iVesper
PS: Does anyone ever listen to music while they draw, or do they listen to creepy silence like I sometimes do? I normally turn the TV on, just so I can feel less creeped out alone I guess, or put on really emotional or awesome music to inspire myself (and to avoid boring myself to death), or put a YouTube video on. I was watching Markiplier today while doing this picture, and at one point I was just rolling on the bed laughing, pencils everywhere. Yeah, totally normal for an artist of 12...