Boy meets boy

After much deliberation, Kurt decided to spend the largest sum of money on his ticket for the NYC show to see Blaine.

All of the shows were general admission, so he didn't have to worry about buying the best seat.

He just had to get there early to guarantee that he got close to the front each night.

But for the NYC show, Kurt decided that he wanted to buy a backstage pass, in order to guarantee meeting Blaine.

Of course, Kurt was extremely nervous about this. I mean, this was his idol. His hero. And, he was pretty sure, his soul mate. What if he screwed up royally and embarrassed himself when he met him? What if he got over-excited and yelled in his face? What if he fell over? What if he forgot how to talk?

All of these questions weighed in Kurt's mind, but the idea of meeting Blaine Anderson overruled them all. Kurt had made up his mind. He would meet Blaine, and he was sure it would be magical.

And that was that. Kurt bought tickets to all twenty of Blaine's shows across the country, checked that he had enough money saved up to buy gas and food along the way, picked out his most fabulous outfits, and he was set.

And before he knew it, it was the night of the first show in New York City. Mercedes had decided to go with him to that one because she wasn't due back in Ohio for another week, so she thought it would be best to support her best friend and give him courage to actually go backstage and meet Blaine when the time came.

As for the actual show... it was amazing. Since Kurt lived in NYC, he and Mercedes arrived at the front doors of the club hours before they even opened.

They were first in line, and managed to stand front and center, mere feet away from where Blaine would be performing.

And then, the lights dimmed. Everyone started screaming, Kurt the loudest, and then... there he was. Blaine freaking Anderson was right in front of Kurt Hummel, smiling out at the crowd, waving- all while wearing a freaking bowtie. Kurt thought he would die right on the spot.

"Hey everyone! Thanks for coming out here tonight for my first stop on the tour! Crazy world we're living in that a small-town guy like me is playing a sold-out gig in New York City! I'm so thankful to be here tonight and I hope you guys have fun!"

And with that, Blaine began to sing. And it was even better than Kurt had ever dreamed it would be.

Blaine's voice was even more breathtaking when live, right in front of him, and Kurt could have sworn that Blaine's eyes had wandered to him at least a few times throughout the show.

It took everything Kurt had to not freak out like a fan-boy and scream right in Blaine's face.

But Kurt stayed calm throughout the whole show, swaying lightly to the music, listening intently with a smile on his face, never once screaming loudly or attacking the singer on the short stage right in front of him. And way, way too soon, the show was over.

Thank god Kurt would be going to 19 more, because there was no way in hell that one show would suffice.

But wait. The show was over, which meant...

"Come on, white boy. You've got the man of your dreams waiting for you." Mercedes said sarcastically, grabbing Kurt by the arms and pushing him around to the back doors.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I can't do this. I can't- No. I'm not ready. I can't do this! Oh my god!" Kurt exclaimed repeatedly, fighting to get Mercedes to let go of him.

But Mercedes wasn't having any of that.

"Kurt. You're going to 19 more of his shows. Shouldn't you at least meet the poor boy before stalking him around the country?"