Boy saves Boy

The next five shows of the tour went flawlessly for Blaine, and Kurt enjoyed every minute of it.

Kurt made sure to stand front and center at every show now, and Blaine started to become shameless about singing right to Kurt. The two friends would hang out between shows in each new city, getting coffee, taking walks and talking about anything and everything, jamming out to their favorite Broadway songs together, people-watching in malls- judging passerby's outfits, and looking through Vogue magazines.

They were completely inseparable, and they found out that they had most everything in common. Needless to say, the two men quickly became best friends.

Blaine felt something stronger for his new friend, though, but he couldn't have any distractions right now. He was on tour. He needed to focus on his job. And even though Kurt was no longer just a fan, but a friend- a beautiful, funny, talented, kind, awesome friend, he was still scared to trust the man completely. Blaine had been betrayed far too many times in his life to let his guard down completely.

Blaine was now halfway through his tour and had been traveling around for about a month. Starting after Blaine's sixth show, sometimes Kurt would hook his phone up to his car and he and Blaine would talk for hours while driving from city to city.

At Blaine's tenth show, he decided to sing to Kurt again, hoping to express his feelings to Kurt. He was halfway through the tour and was hoping to show Kurt that he really did care about him and valued their close friendship, even if he was too scared to ask for more.

Not only did Blaine guard his heart, but he also was dealing with all the normal anxieties of asking out your best friend, too. What if it blew up in his face? What if Kurt didn't feel the same way? What if Kurt freaked out and stopped coming to his shows, blocking Blaine's phone number on his phone? And surely Kurt didn't want to date a celebrity. Dating a celebrity brought so much stress and attention, and it wouldn't be fair of Blaine to drag Kurt into all of that.

But still, Blaine felt strongly for Kurt, and wanted to express it in the best way he knew how- song.

So in the middle of his show, Blaine made an announcement that he was changing up the set again.

"This song goes out to my new best friend. I met you a month ago, and my life has been so much better since you entered it." Blaine announced.

Well I tasted love so sweet
Played around but not for keeps
I'd never been knocked off my feet until you came along
In the room surrounding me are angels I cannot see
I know they come to carry me to where I belong

Closer to you, closer to you
I'm singing like a sailor strutting up your avenue
Like a clown in a costume shop wearing nothing but my birthday suit
Getting closer to you

All the knocks upon your door
Footsteps falling on your floor
All the shipwrecks on your shore
Mean nothing to me
All the crooks on Capitol Hill
Criminals on the dollar bills
All the money on Wall Street still
Couldn't keep me from getting

Closer to you. Closer to you
Like a priest on a pulpit preaching to an empty room
Like a drunk in a dive bar in the early afternoon
Closer to you.

Poets could not pronounce your name
Gamblers couldn't play the game
Matchstick statues set to flame

Couldn't hold a candle to you
Swindlers on the Sunset strip
Hypnotists and hypocrites
Ventriloquists and Pickpockets
Wish that they could get