Boy loves Boy

"Hey guys. Thanks so much for coming out tonight. It means the world to me." Blaine said to his audience, near the end of his sixteenth show.

"I want to leave you guys with one last song, tonight. It's a song that I've been singing for years now, but it never held any real meaning to me... until this summer. This summer, someone came into my life and changed everything. Changed how I see the world. Changed who I am. Changed how I love. And he's here with me tonight. He's been with me every night. And even though I keep bombarding him with songs, and I'm sure he's probably getting tired of it, it's the best way I know how to tell him how I feel. So here it goes."

Kurt giggled from backstage at Blaine's joke. There was no way he'd ever get tired of hearing Blaine sing to him. Blaine had the voice of an angel. And Kurt always knew that Blaine meant every word of every song that he sang to him. No one had ever done that for Kurt before, and it meant the world to him.

Something between the two boys had shifted in the past few days. They were much more affectionate toward one another now. Kurt had opened up a part of himself by showing Blaine his home life. And now, more than ever, they were completely open about how they felt for each other, not bothering to hide the strong feelings that they so obviously felt.

They were truly best friends. They openly flirted with one another, holding hands and hugging as much as the possible could. They were like two pieces of a puzzle that had come together. And now Blaine was singing to Kurt again, and it was as if they were the only two people in the world. Blaine didn't even bother singing the song to the crowd that night. He never took his eyes off of Kurt.

The more I see you,
The more I want you.
Somehow this feeling
Just grows and grows.
With every sigh I become more mad about you,
More lost without you,
And so it goes.
Can you imagine
How much I'll love you
The more I see you
As years go by?
I know the only one for me can only be you.
My arms won't free you;
My heart won't try.

And with that, the show was done. Blaine rushed off the stage, running straight into the arms of Kurt, who planted a swift kiss on Blaine's cheek, before whispering,

"You mean so much to me."

But both knew that, with only a little over a week left on tour, nothing more could come out of it. Blaine was constantly hugging Kurt, holding his hands, snuggling up to him whenever possible. They always whispered secrets and jokes into each others ears, causing them to both break into fits of laughter.

But they both wanted more. They wanted to be able to be together. They wanted to be able to say "I love you" and know that they would be able to last past this summer. Blaine just knew there had to be an answer to this problem, he could practically feel the answer in the back of his mind somewhere, but he had yet to figure it out. Kurt would be in New York City, attending college and pursuing a career in fashion, while Blaine would go back to his life in California, working on another album.

"What about a long distance relationship?" Blaine questioned that night as they laid in bed, both on their sides, facing one another, so close that their noses were touching.

"I think after having you this summer, that wouldn't be enough. I want all of you, Blaine. I think we both deserve that."

"You're right..." Blaine said, hesitantly.

"Remember what I keep telling you, though. We have skype. We have cellphones. After another album or two you'll probably have a private jet. We can still be friends. We can keep in touch. Maybe I can come visit you during breaks from school, or something. We may not be able to be together, but we can still keep in touch." Kurt tried reassuring Blaine, while trying to reassure himself at the same time. He was just as upset over their situation. Kurt had racked his brain for an answer as well, but he hadn't been able to come up with a solution either.