Boy dances with boy

And now they were in the final countdown. There was only one more week left on the tour. The end was fast approaching

But Kurt and Blaine had decided to stop trying to figure out a way to be together after all of this ended and just enjoy the here and now. They just wanted to enjoy whatever time they had left together. So neither of them spared a single thought about what would happen when the tour ended. They figured that if an idea struck them on how to be together, it would just happen. Until then, they were just completely consumed with thoughts for one another.

Two days before the last show, Kurt and Blaine were walking around the downtown Memphis area, hand in hand.

They had the day off after Blaine's performance in Memphis the night before. They didn't have to travel again until the next day, where they would go to LA to finish off the tour with one final performance.

Kurt and Blaine wandered onto Beale street, following the sound of the music that they could hear pounding from a few blocks away, enjoying their day off in the warm sunshine. The jazz music surrounded them, as did the people and culture of Memphis, and they instantly fell in love with the city, not even knowing where to start first.

"Let's shop around a bit before we go to the park to listen to the music." Kurt suggested.

So the men spent the afternoon going into various shops, most of them filled with old jazz vinyls and pictures of Elvis. They took turns trying on crazy hats that they found in stores, taking pictures of one another on their cell phones, documenting their date.

The two men loved spending time together, regardless of what they were doing, but the thing they loved most was taking in each new city they traveled to. The company they found in one another was just an added bonus. And Memphis was no exception. They loved the vibe and the music and buildings and shops. Kurt was in paradise from all of the boutiques, and Blaine found at least ten vinyl records that he ended up buying. They wandered into a few museums and ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. They even got matching airbrush tattoos on their arms from a booth on the side of the street.

Before they knew it, the day was drawing to a close.

"I can't believe you actually bought those pink sunglasses." Kurt joked, as they made their way back to the tour bus.

"Hey now, you're one to talk. At least I didn't buy a chewbacca backpack." Blaine nudged Kurt in the side, both of them laughing.

"He's adorable! You can't blame me for wanting it." Kurt retorted

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. So, what next? Want to go listen to the live bands in the park, now?" Blaine asked Kurt, as they dropped off their purchases onto the tour bus.

"Only if you'll dance with me." Kurt replied, flirting with Blaine. Blaine smiled up at Kurt.

"As if I'd ever give up any excuse to hold you close to me."

They slowly made their way back to the park, Blaine's arm wrapped low around Kurt's back, both walking in silence, taking in the fresh night air.

"This summer has been so amazing." Kurt suddenly said, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yeah. It really has been. I thought going on tour would be pretty great on its own. I was going to get to explore the country and sing for my adoring fans. But who knew that it all would have meant shit without you by my side. I never thought I would have found someone as amazing as you, too. How did I get so lucky?" Blaine questioned.

"You know... I was just wondering the same thing." Kurt replied, leaning down to give Blaine a short kiss on the lips as the men entered the park, greeted by the sound of live jazz music.