Chapter 6: A new memory

When Jin came around again he was woken up by the smell of something burnt in the kitchen. He somehow got up, trying to hold his balance, it was weird, he had a headache, and when he tried to remember what happened last night he somehow saw it all in a blur. It hurts, when he thinks about it, about the dream he had, or maybe the memory he relieved in that dream, it was something he forgot about and somehow it was as if that wasn't him, because he wouldn't have stayed there when the boy was trying to take his life, he would have called an ambulance, he wouldn't be watching his friend take his own life, and yet somehow he did, and he didn't feel like him, something was odd about this, and it was as if it wasn't him controlling his body, as if that man that was watching Taehyung take his own life was not the man he normally is, and that made the boy confused, and just thinking about it made his head hurt.

As he left his room, trying to find Jimin, because the boy was nowhere to be seen in the space they shared before, he looked around and saw the boy searching for something in the fridge and by the look of it the kitchen was a complete mess, it was as if someone just had a food fight, Jin entered the kitchen and cracking a smile he looked at the younger trying so hard to cook some breakfast. It was funny, and yet somehow he liked this, because no one tried to cook for him before, no one showed him this kind of affection, or maybe his parents did when he was little, until his brother was born.

"Having fun?" Jin asked as he went closer to see what the boy was cooking. Jimin was startled a bit and then he smiled warmly,

"Yeah," he said as he tried to wipe away some flour from under his nose. Jin smiled, thinking it was cute, and then he went closer and embracing the boy, nuzzling closer and kissing the boy lightly on the cheek he said again,

"So, what are we eating on this beautiful morning?" he said trying to sound like he was okay, but somehow he felt weak again. Jin didn't know how he was going to keep this up at school, he never had felt something so intense like the memory from last night, even if he had recovered bits and pieces before they were never like this, they were never of such intensity and aspect, they were never so scary and confusing, not like this.

"Pancakes!" Jimin said sounding rather excited. He must've worked hard Jin thought,

"Well then," Jin said looking around and seeing no pancakes,

"Where are the pancakes little one? Because from what I see here, there are no pancakes." Jin said, but not as a complaint, but as a remark,

"Oh about that," Jimin said, smiling like a fool,

"You see I tried to cook them but it seems that seeing how it's made and making them by yourself is a different thing..." Jin smiled again, and slowly letting go of the boy he took the ladle from his hand and then he looked around for the pancake mix and with a warm smile he nudged the boy to sit and let him do the breakfast.

Jin moved around, a bit hard, barely noticeable that he could probably lose balance any minute, and somehow he managed to bake the pancakes Jimin failed to, and then giving his motherly smile that everyone seemed to love he placed the pancakes in front of the boy, and a plate for him and then turning around and getting some chocolate syrup he sat down and pored some on the pancakes.

Jimin watched and was all smiles, even if he wanted to be the one to do the breakfast, because today was Monday and that meant they had to part until next weekend, because they went to different schools, or so they thought, they never paid much attention around them and if they were in the same school then they must've been quite blind.

They ate in silence again, enjoying the little time they had left together, because in 20 minutes they had to leave for school, and even if neither knew where they will meet again, they sat there, looking at each other, smiling as they ate, and hoping neither will notice the pain they hid inside, because Jimin was up all night, nightmares preventing him from sleeping and Jin was almost like a dead body lying in bed, scaring Jimin because he was afraid the boy wouldn't wake up in the morning. But he did, Jin woke up, in pain and completely confused, because something was wrong, and somehow it all had to do with his memory loss, it was all connected somehow.