Chapter 11: Butterfly

Life is short, and shortly it will end; Death comes quickly and respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one. To death we are hastening, let us refrain from sinning.

They returned to Jin's home later that night. On the way home, Jimin insisted on driving the car, the ride being silent again, only that this time they held hands and Jin like always hummed a song, the same song he sang ever since they met, the same word repeating itself,

Butterfly, Butterfly...butterfly
Butterfly like a butterfly

Maybe one day Jin would sing the whole song, maybe one day, Jin would tell him what was actually going on but right now it didn't matter, Jimin liked to just stay in silence with Jin, fingers interlaced, driving home with Jin, hearing his slow and soft voice singing in harmony, keeping his mind busy from asking himself questions he didn't need an answer for.

"What is that song that you keep singing?" Jimin asked, eyes focused on the road, trying to not miss the street they had to turn on,

"Hmm, I don't know..." Jin said, as if realizing just now that he didn't remember where he got the song from and it was true, he had no idea where he got it, it just popped in his head one day and hummed it ever since. But was that all?

"It's beautiful," Jimin said, tightening the grip on Jin's hand, smiling softly still facing the road,

"I like it." Jimin went on, and Jin just blushed.

"Do you perhaps have my camera?" Jin said, almost forgetting about it, he missed some things, important to him, he needed those memories. Even if now he knew about the other Jin if he could record everything up till now he guessed he would not erase those tapes too, will it however be the same now? After everything he found out recently, after all these things he found out about, about himself, about his other self, about his friends, about that darkness that will eat him alive, will it all still be the same? Will the other Jin take it all away again?

"Ah yes, I have it, actually it was in the car." Jimin said, motioning with his hand for where the camera was left, or at least where he saw the older place it before they went to school on Monday. The horrid place, that terrified Jimin now, he didn't want to go back, all those people there, all those humans that could hurt him like that man did; only Jin was safe, only Jin was okay.

"Found it!" Jin said happily, taking the camera in his hand and turning it on.

"Now, let's record a bit." Jin took the camera, moved it around the car a bit until he could find a good angle and then he focused the camera on Jimin and with a grin on his face he said,

"Now, Mr. Jimin, may I ask you some questions regarding your private life?" Jin said, sounding like an interviewer and Jimin cracked a smile and then answered on the same tone,

"Well of course, Mr. Seokjin, ask whatever you like and I will try to answer as truthful as I can." Jimin replied, and Jin could just smile, it has been a while since someone called him by that name, it felt strange to hear it again, somewhere, someone used to call him like that, but now no one did, they would all use just 'Jin', he missed that, hearing his full name, it was like he heard it long ago, and yet something inside of him gave him the feeling he was wrong, the other Jin was making it too hard for Jin, it was driving him mad.

They had like two or three blocks to pass by, then turn to a left, or right, from this position he couldn't quite tell and then one street and they would be home, about 10 minutes by Jin, but it could take less if Jimin changed the trial, however it was just enough he thought,