04. fragile

january 27th 2011

dear yuri,

daya have passed and i couldn't visit because of many reasons.

1) i couldn't bear to look at your fragile face without breaking out into tears.

2) because training at sm ent. is so hectic.

3) sm didn't let me have a break. not even to visit my best friend who currently was in the hospital, dying.

what can i say? the world we live in is really messed up. but now that i am here, i want to apologize because even though sm didn't let me visit, i should have anyways.

i think you would be proud of me yuyu. every day is a step closer to my dreams coming true. every time i practice, your face is clear in my head. you are all I think about.

i wish you were here to be with me every step of the way. because without you, I couldn't have realized my dreams sooner.

yuri, i miss you. why can't you be here? you promised me to be there when my dreams start coming true.

kim jongin

july 13th 2015

it had been days since the bouquet of flowers had arrived in yuri's room. all she did in that period of time was cling onto the card as she read it over and over again.

she didn't know what to do with it. until finally, she picked up the phone and decided to call the number that was written on the bottom of the card sender's name.

as her fingers slid on the numbers of the phone, she debated with herself whether she should call the number or not. before she could make a decision, she felt herself click the call button and put the phone against her ear. after a few rings, she heard soft feminine breathing from the other line.

"h-hello?" she stuttered. yuri put her hand on the table beside her as she supported her body. after a few seconds of waiting in silence, a voice rang out.

"yuri? is that really you?" the voice sobbed. yuri nodded her head even though she knew no one could see her. tears fell from her eyes as she opened her mouth to reply.

"it's me, unnie. it's me! i can't believe i'm actually talking to you." of course she didn't, she didn't believe she would ever talk to jongin's sister again.

"i had to send you the flowers when i heard that you have woken up. how are you?" jungah asked her again.

"i'm really good, actually," she laughed and jungah stopped sobbing as she started to laugh with her. of course, they didn't have a reason to laugh. but they did anyways.

"i should call jongin to tell hi-"

"no, please don't. it's better that you'd not. he's better off not knowing. i think he would have kept his promise if he meant it," she muttered. jungah stayed quiet as she thought it over.

"oh, yuri. you really don't know where jongin is, do you?" jungah exclaimed. yuri held onto the journal as she looked at it.

"i think i will find out soon enough."

authors note;

im so hooked to this. like, i only started this a couple days ago and i already posted chapter four.

look out for an update tomorrow.

i might update tonight as well so three updates in just 24 hours :')

oh and jungah is actually kai's real sister but to be honest, she won't be appearing a lot as i do not know how she acts in real life.

- nehal