10. possibilities

november 17th 2012

dear yuri,

the doctors had told me that talking to you could have an affect on you. they said that you could hear me.

i think i'll sing you a song.

kim jongin

october 2cnd 2015

yuri had moved in her seat in order to make herself comfortable as she awaited for mino, her therapist, to speak. he cleared his throat, dropping his pen and clipboard.

he smiled, "looks like you're recovering rather quickly. of course, your left leg doesn't seem as good as your right leg but i think you'll be okay." he shook his head in disbelief as he looked over the years she had been out in a coma. "these cases are rare, yuri. rare as in, only-one-in-a-few-hundreds rare."

yuri stared at him as she slowly processed the words that he had just told her moments ago. she had known that those who wake up from comas after years, which is rare, wake up with something mentally wrong. her mother had always worried the same thing at times but tried to keep her hopes up.

unlike others.

"so does that mean that i'm-" she paused as she gulped before whispering, "perfectly healthy?"

mino nodded, "excluding your leg." mino had smiled her way as she stayed silent for a few minutes as she continued to think. she thought and thought until she felt a few tears slip from her eyes.

"out of all the people who are struggling to be normal after experiencing something horrible, i'm the one who woke up to be healthy?" she tugged onto her sleeve as she started wiping her drying tears.

"it is best to stop thinking of the past and be happy of your health. I know it's hard to accept the fact," he told her, leaning to gently pat her back. she nodded her head in response as she forced a small smile on her face.

"i think you're right," she agreed.

mino had went on to speak to her about what was to come and all the monthly visits she would need. she kept quiet and to herself throughout that time. he noticed her silence and tried to push her out of her comfort zone as he slowly updated her on what she needed to know. when he was done with his talking, he politely dismissed her before she spoke up about a topic she didn't wanted to bring up.

"i wanted advice on something personal," she said. he nodded his head in response as he waited for her next words. "i have a friend - well, more like had a friend, and he had left while I was still in a coma. and he still hasn't heard that I woke up. I just don't know when and how to tell him," she explained.

mino took a few moments, figuring out what to tell her. he didn't know what to say himself if he was in the situation. so he opened his mouth and said whatever came to mind.

"what would be best, in my opinion, would be if you gave it time. he'll probably call your mother up in no time."

"he thinks i'm dead," she muttered in response. mino had then widened his eyes, letting out a heavy sigh of his own.

"then, yuri, you should do what you want to do. it is your choice to tell him yourself or leave him with the haunted thought that you are long gone. just whatever you do, don't do it suddenly. the poor boy would be shocked," he suggested. yuri tugged her lips back in an attempted smile, showing that she would think about it.

"i think i'll do that, then," she said.

authors note;;

i haven't updated in awhile ): i apologize <3

i want to thank you guys for being amazing because i have gained 2k reads since my last update!!! i appreciate what you guys have all done for me. i love you

nehal c:

ps. i have planned every chapter and there's an upcoming chapter that i completely love and i canT WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO READ IT DNDNKF

updated march 27 2016 ;; THIS STORY IS UNDER EDITING AND WILL HAVE SOME OBVIOUS CHANGES WHILE I WILL BE DOING SO