how it all started

january 3rd 2011

MOON YURI CASE.
KIM JONGIN INTERVIEW.

"Kim Jongin."

"Y-yes. That's me."

"We know that you must be going through a tough time so if you don't feel comfortable with any of our questions, please tell us and we'll save them for a more comfortable and appropriate time."

"Ah, I'll keep that in mind."

"First things first. When was the last time you saw Moon Yuri before the incident?"

"About 45 minutes to an hour before someone informed me that she f-fell."

"What were you doing when you got the news?"

"What anyone would normally do at a party."

"That is?"

"I was socializing."

"Are you sure you weren't drinking?"

"Of course I wasn't. I'm still underage."

"We have done some research on you, Jongin. You're good at school. Always getting good grades and staying away from the wrong people. You don't seem like the kind to go to a party. Neither does Yuri. Do you want to tell me why that night was special?"

"It was Yuri's idea, really. We always stayed home on New Years to watch movies together. But I guess this time, Yuri wanted to do something different. She told me about the party and I told her that parties were always a bad idea. She agreed with me but she just managed to convince me. I was so foolish to give in to her."

"It wasn't your fault, Jongin."

"Then why am I here? If I found a way to just convince her to stay at home, nothing would've happened."

"We're sorry. But it is protocol to question anyone that was involved."

"Of course! Are you going to arrest those that caused this?!"

"They are kept in custody, Mr. Kim."

"Did Mrs. Moon press charges?"

"Not yet. We are still gathering evidence that this even happened."

"Oh, what now? If there isn't enough evidence, they'll be let go?"

"We know you're going through a ha—"

"You don't know anything."

"What we know is that Yuri was drunk at the time of the incident."

"What?"

"I presume you haven't heard?"

"N-no."

"Well, now you have."

"W-will she be alright?"

"It seems like she's in a coma and doctors don't know when she'll wake up."

"I know that part."

"Good. Let's get back to the questions, shall we?"

"Okay."

"Did Yuri seem strange the last time you saw her?"

"I don't think so. She was the same way she always had been. She kept a smile on her face as she spoke to me and didn't seem nervous or scared in any way."

"Why did she leave you?"

"She said she wanted to catch up with some friends and that she'll meet up with me after a while."

"You said she was gone for 45 minutes to an hour? It's enough time to get drunk."

"A-are you trying to hint that Yuri fell on her own?"

"We don't know exact—"

"Then don't accuse her of anything!"

"If you know something, Mr. Kim, now is the right time to tell us."

"But I don't know anything."

"How did you know what happened, then?"

"Our friends that were there told me what they saw."

"Can you tell me what they told you?"

"Why is this relevant? Don't you know what happened?"

"I need to know everything."

"They told me that they saw a group of people surrounding her before they heard a loud thud. They rushed over to them before they noticed she was gone."

"Did your friends see them push her?"

"I don't know."

"We'll have to ask them that. Is there anything else you want to tell us?"

"I have a question."

"Go ahead."

"What exactly happened to Yuri?"

"It seems like she fell from the roof of a one story house into a pile of bags. She managed to hit her head on her way down. As for her alcohol level, she was close to getting poisoned."

"Oh, my God."

"Once again, Kim Jongin. We're sorry."

"I-mhm. Can I go?"

"Yes, Kim Jongin. You are dismissed."

"Thank you."

"One more thing before you go."

"Yes?"

"We have heard you are a trainee at SM Entertainment. We'll make sure to blur your name out of the case so it won't affect your career."

"Really?"

"Yes. Good luck."

{A LONG PAUSE BEFORE JONGIN GETS UP TO LEAVE.}

"Thank you. I think I'll need it."

END OF INTERVIEW.