06. shame

may 7th 2011

dear yuri,

sm announced to the trainees this morning that they would be debuting a new boy group next year. everything has been so hectic ever since as everyone prepares.

i was about to give up but since i have a chance now, i won't give up for you. i know you would wake up and scold me for hours if i give up my dreams.

so for the sake of you, i will live my dreams with a smile on my face.

thank you yuri for making me realize everything. i'd like to thank you for a lot of things, really.

but most of all, i want to thank you for being in my life.

kim jongin ♡

august 3rd 2015

yuri stood in the middle of her bedroom as she observed her surroundings. she hadn't been in there for years, yet she felt right at home.

she dropped her belongings on a chair and plopped herself on the bed. she felt the urge to snug her head in her pillow and just smell the fresh sheets. and as she did, she heard her mom clear her throat from the doorway. "i always made sure that they smelled good and stayed clean," she commented as she made her way over to the chair.

"they smell refreshing," yuri replied before breaking out into a fit of giggles as she wondered why they were talking about that particular subject.

"you're excited for tomorrow?" roma asked as she handed a few strawberries her way. yuri nodded her head and leaned against her bed frame. the doorbell rang and her mother clapped her hands as she dragged yuri to the door. yuri bit on her strawberry before throwing a confused look towards her mom.

"uh, who is it?" she screeched before her mom rolled her eyes and gestured for her to open the door. yuri quickly followed her orders and opened it. she widened her eyes at the sight of her older brother.

"yuri!" he yelled before hugging her and snuggling his head deep into her hair. she felt quite taken aback at the sudden action but smiled into his chest as she hugged him tighter. after a couple of minutes of them just standing at the entrance and crying into each other's arms, they finally decided on entering the house once again.

"you've matured," she told him. he threw her a laugh as he lifted his arms and tried to show off his muscles. roma came back with a few drinks and they sat in the living area as they talked.

"i visited your hospital room thinking you were still there," he said. their mom patted his head as yuri and her started laughing at him.

"oh jimin, didn't i tell you that she was going to be released today?" he looked at the both with a blank face.

"i must have forgotten. you know, school is taking up 99.99% of my head," he admitted as he drank his drink. "mm, orange." he added as he took a few gulps. yuri watched him with wide eyes as he finished up his drink in just a matter of seconds. "oh! i forgot to tell you. a nurse there named nurse nira told me that someone sent you a letter thinking you were still there and she told me to pass it onto you." he fished inside his pockets as he got a green envelope out.

"who is it from?" she asked as she grabbed it from him. she looked over it to find no name on it and raised her eyebrows.

"beats me," he shrugged as he grabbed yuri's untouched drink from the table.

"hey, give your sister her drink back. she hasn't eaten anything today," his mom hissed. jimin mocked her before taking a quick sip and placing it back at its place. as jimin and roma had their own little boxing match, yuri paid no attention to them as she started opening the envelope.

"and so here i am, wishing you a happy twenty first in shame. i feel ashamed of myself, but i apologize. i hope you are okay in your deep slumber." she whispered to herself as she read the words written along the lines. she stopped herself from reading further but her eyes opposed her decision as they made their way to the name.

kim jongin.