12. lost

may 20th 2014

dear yuri,

who would've guessed that it's been 11 months since i last visited?

i suddenly had an urge to visit you today. since i have a lot to say. you, being my best friend, is here to listen to whatever i have to say. right?

anyways, you remember kris? he was here the other time with the rest of the band. he was the one who kept quiet most of time until he spoke up at the end.

well, he filed a lawsuit against sm. and it surprised all of us. we didn't really expect anything like that to come from him. especially during the promotions of overdose.

i don't think exo has ever ben this hectic. heck, we haven't had a moment to rest since then. i really hope that we stick together in the future.

hopefully kris is the only one to do this.

kim jongin ♡

january 13th 2016

yuri read the words slowly. the news article that sat on her table was dated nearly two years ago. the headline was what caught her eye at first.

the thought of kris leaving exo gave her goosebumps. after all she read about him, she learned to be fond of him.

and she had to admit, she still liked him.

but the idea that he had left exo made her wonder what the other members had to go through that tough time.

she continued reading the rest of the article, not noticing the two people that approached her table.

"yuri?" someone spoke up from a couple feet away. yuri teared her eyes off of her paper in order to look at the people that stood there. "oh my, it's really you. look at her, seungjun. it's our precious yuri," the girl spoke, elbowing the guy that stood beside her.

"mina? seungjun?" yuri gasped, letting go of the article and her cup of coffee.

"yuri! why didn't you tell us you, uh, woke up? wait, when did you wake up, anyway?" seungjun asked out of curiosity, inviting himself to sit at her table.

"it's been about seven months," she answered. offering a cookie to the two. they politely accepted.

"i'm surprised that jongin isn't by your side. you know, since he never left your side back then," mina commented, making yuri back her eyebrow.

"he's too busy fulfilling his dream," yuri said, sighing at the thought.

"you're saying it as if you aren't happy for him. is something wrong?" seungjun asked, worry taking up his voice.

"it's not like he doesn't know you woke up or anything so there's nothing to worry about," mina joked, a laugh escaping her mouth. seungjun turned to look at her with his eyes wide.

"yeah, about that," yuri nervously chuckled, her eyes shifting from one to the other. they both caught up to her words and gasped, causing her to chuck her coffee.

"yuri," mina started, taking back a few words before saying them. "look, don't you think that, maybe, he should know?"

"of course i do. just not now," she answered.

"if not now, then when? it's already been seven months. are you going to wait another seven?" seungjun told her.

yuri continued to stare at them before dropping her eyes to look at the journal. she'll tell him by the time she finished reading the journal. it seemed that there was only a few entries left anyways.

"soon."

author's note ;;

i made some minor changes so i republished this chapter and the next two !! <33

so close to the ending woo. i'm sorry for the lack of updates so i'm going to try to triple update today.

important ;; next chapter is very, very important. like so important, you'd be so lost if you don't read it.

look forward to it soon because i've been planning it for a very long time!

please comment! your comments always make me smile (:

— nehal