They call her Valleri

I called Davy last night, with the intention to surprise him about me coming to America. My only problem being I had no place to stay, and I wasn't very familiar with how things work in America. Davy can be a hard cookie, but when you do enough convincing he gives up just like that — especially to his baby cousin.

I'm only a month younger, and two inches taller than Davy but regardless I was still the baby. He said he would talk it over with "the fellas" and see what they said, obviously they did and didn't have issues with a girl coming to live with them and I wasn't the keenest on living with four boys, but I needed a place to stay and the fact that I had little to no money didn't help. I think they understood that, and eventually gave in.

My plane landed pretty late, it was almost twelve in the morning by the time I got off the plane and grabbed a taxi to Davy's. I arrived with bags on my arms and over my shoulders, looking at the door to Davy's place. I felt bad for coming so late, but I could help the fact. So, I dropped the bags and knocked on the door — waiting to see my babyfaced cousin pop his long-haired head through the door.

The door opened pretty swiftly, a tall man stood in front of me. He had a rather tanned complexioned face, his hair swooped across his forehead like a still wave, all fitted under a green wool hat. His lip was pouty complimented by a pair of doe like eyes, and his face looked to have an expression of both seriousness mixed with some liveliness  — a funny combination.

"Hey Davy," He spoke looking back into the house, I noticed his accent quickly, only because it's the stereotypical American accent that every non-American thinks of when they hear the word America — Texas.

"What is it Mike?" Davy asked, I picked his voice up quickly and smiled to myself

"Is this, ah, is this your cousin?"

Davy took a quick glance at the door and laughed, seeing me standing there with bags hanging off me,

"Valleri!" Davy exclaimed, his voice still at a laugh as he made his way to the door, giving me a hug

"Hey Davy," I smiled as he embraced me tightly, "Mind helping me here?" I asked, gesturing to my bags

"Oh sure," He smiled, grabbing the small purse I had around my arm and walking inside

"Thanks Davy," I mumbled sarcastically, placing the bags on the floor as the tall Texan closed the door behind me.

"Wow, wow, wow!" One of the others smiled wide, getting up from his seat and walking over to me, "Davy, I'm no longer regretting the decision you made for her to stay here," He spoke

"Cool it Micky, rule is she's off limits," Davy said seriously, his eyes darting to mine

"I guess that's fair, but painful to think about," The last one shrugged, a slight pout on his face as Davy sighed

"Valleri, you've had the pleasure of meeting Mike," Davy first pointed to the tall Texan, "Micky," Then the "wow" man, "and finally, Peter," The pouter.

"The pleasure is ours," Micky grinned, grabbing my hand and kissed it quickly, making Davy nudge Micky

"Mike, can you maybe show her the room and help her with her bags and all?" Davy asked

"I guess so," Mike shrugged, picking up two of the bags, "this way, Valleri," Mike said walking toward the bedroom.

I walked behind him, the rest of the bags hanging on my arms as Mike opened the bedroom door, walking in and setting the bags down. He glanced back to me and took a quick breath before he spoke.

"Well, that's your bed and I know it's gonna be odd sleeping in the same room as four guys but Davy didn't want you sleeping on the couch and, this is the only bedroom we have," He shrugged, his eyes now searching the room

I looked around, taking a few steps further into the room. My curiosity was caught by the little knick-knacks set out on the small wooden dresser in front of me. I broke my eyes from the small items and turned on my heels back to face Mike.

"Thanks Texas," I smiled at him softly, but he gave me a puzzled look.

"How'd you know I'm from Texas? Did Davy tell you?"

"No, I guess I'm just good with accents," I shrugged, intertwining my fingers together

"Right, well make yourself comfortable," Mike smiled sweetly, then spun around to make his way out of the room.

I sat back on the end of the bed, looking around the room once more before laying back, wondering how these next few months would go.

A/N
First Monkees story!¡ I don't know if it'll do well or not but I lost ideas with doing so many Beatles stories so I'm trying to take a crack at The Monkees. Hope you enjoy!