I'll Be Back Up on My Feet

Minutes after I called his name I heard heavy footsteps making their way towards the balcony which I assumed was him, my body relaxed slightly. Suddenly, someone bursts through the door and I caught a glimpse of his eyes, of course it was Michael. Davy and Micky followed after, looking from Mike, to me, to Collin.

"What's going on?" Mike spoke finally, breaking the sharp tension

"Him," I answered, looking at Michael as Collin released his grip on my arms

"I'm not sure why she called you Mike, we were having a wonderful time and then boom! Out came your name," Collin smirked

Mikes hand was clenched in a fist and his knuckles turned white, I bit my lip softly as Collin grasped my hand and looked over at Michael. I had to refrain from kicking him again, I'd rather Michael handle it now.

"What were you doing with my cousin?" Davy asked stepping closer beside Mike

"None of your business short stack, she's a grown woman she made her own decision," Collin winked at Davy and stood with his shoulder back slightly "Now, you all can head home, I'll send her back tomorrow," Collin began to walk towards the door, I hesitated tugging back on his hand but his grip was too tight, I looked to Michael who was deep in thought.

Seconds later, all I remember seeing was Mike, throwing a swift right fist at Collin. Then oddly enough, everything went black for me too. I must've been out for a while, by the time I woke up we were home and my head was pounding.

"Hi," I heard a voice say lowly

"Hm?" I asked holding my head, looking down slowly and seeing Mike on the floor next to my bed

"Mike...? What happened?" I questioned rubbing my head

"You got knocked out," he spoke getting up off the floor and sitting onto my bed

"How?"

He sighed heavily, "When I hit Collin, he fell back on you and your head hit against the railing of the balcony. We left Collin there, I could care less about him. You're home, Davy, Mickey and Peter are all out talking to the doctor."

"All of them?"

"Mostly Davy, but Mick and Peter are out there too," he stroked some hair out of my face and I felt a load of tension leave my body

"I'm I gonna be okay?" I asked softly

"He said in about a month you should be good as new, there was not extreme damage done," Mike shrugged getting up from the bed "Now you should sleep," He spoke leaning down and kissing my forehead, then turned around beginning to walk out

"Mike?"

"What?"

"Come lay with me."

"I can't,"

"Yes you can, you have legs come back over here."

"What about Davy?"

"I'm sure he already has an idea of whatever's blossoming between us," I chuckled softly "Now come on," I spoke patting the bed.

Mike walked over and sat on the bed, putting his feet up and laying next to me looking up at the ceiling. I sighed and slowly turned to face him, pressing my face against one of his arms. I could feel his gaze looking down at me, I knew he probably rolled his eyes like always, but soon he warmed up to me.

That arm ended up around my shoulder, pulling me closer towards him as my head rested on his chest. Soon he was under the covers with me; and I slept happily with my grumpy Texan.