Oh, what can it mean..

8:00 pm

I set aside my thoughts to get ready for the show. Davy was awfully excited to have me there, I was sure they were going to be wonderful. The night looked as a royal blue had cascaded through the whole city, sprinkled with golden stars in the sky without a cloud to block the golden twinkle. But the wind was sharp, a cold breeze passed through every so often.

As I walked into the living room, I saw Mike tuning his guitar; a look of pure concentration on his face. Micky and Peter were playing a last minute game of cards before it was time to leave, and Davy was on the steps reading the paper.

"Are you sure you guys are all ready?" Mike asked breaking his state of mind

"Yeah Mike, everything's cool," Micky waved his hand in the air as to shoo away the question.

I sat down next to Mike without a word, crossing my legs and playing with the hem of my black vinyl skirt. He looked at me for a split second and I felt his eyes examining my face. I rested my head in the palm of my hand, tapping lightly on the side of my head with the long red nails I was ever so proud of.

"Davy says you're pretty good a singing?" Mike asked in a low tone, as the others carried on in their own worlds

"Well, I don't know. I can't really say myself, what about you?"

"Well, I must be doing something right if I made it this far,"

He turned his attention from his now tuned guitar, and looked at me for a few seconds. He had such charming eyes, they were soft and alluring — but I knew there was so much more behind those eyes; thing I wanted to learn.

"Valleri?" He asked, whistling and waving his hand in front of my face

"Hm? Oh, sorry..," I said softly, now noticing how far I really drifted in my thoughts

"Ya comin'?" He asked standing up

"Yeah," I spoke softly, standing up and smoothing my skirt out.

Though something strange had come over me, in a sense it almost felt as though my chest was being squeezed tightly, but from what? Why was I suddenly feeling so anxious and fluttery?

I tried racking my brain the whole was to the gig, my eyes searching out the window of the car as a sudden gloomy most fell over the city replacing the beautiful royal blue, making all the lights look like smudges. But my mind was elsewhere, suddenly gravitating to only thinking about why this feeling would come and go, why do I feel so out of it?