Listen To The Band

The house was huge. Guests of all kinds were talking inside the brightly lit mansion. Getting out of the car, I looked to Davy who was all jumpy, then to Micky and Peter who were no different. But Mike was calm, almost as if he was comfortable right away though when we were walking towards the house signs of uneasiness were shown on his face.

Inside, we walked past people dressed in expensive looking dresses and suits. Micky began mocking them as they walked by trying to ease the tension between us all. After waiting near the front doors for a while, a woman in a long red dress had come to great us. Her hair was done up, having a sparkling headband around it along with her silk gloves and perfect posture.

"Boys! Oh, it's wonderful you could make it. My name is Mrs. Dalhousie, please come with me," She gave  us all a toothy grin, and started to walk down the long corridor.

"This doesn't seem like the type of party a group like you guys should be playing at," I whispered to Davy

"Well, it pays good," Davy shrugged.

We entered an even bigger room, filled with so many people you could barely see from one end to the next. At the front was a stage that I presumed they would be playing on. I looked around at all the new faces, trying my best to keep my composure.

"Now, of course once you finish your set of songs you're welcome to stay as long as you wish, we have lots of food, music, and fun for many more hours," Mrs. Dalhousie smiled

"Great," Nodded Davy before turning to me "You should go mingle Val, meets some people and all," He suggested

"I don't know Davy," I sighed softly, looking at my feet

"Oh come on, Mrs. Dalhousie do you mind showing my cousin around? She's only been in America a short while and she hasn't had much time to meet people," Davy asked

"Oh, of course! Valleri is it? Come with me, I'll show you around to some people. Boys you get ready I'll see you after."

Before I knew it, she was dragging me away into the sea of people. We bounced around from rich and old stalk investors, people who created businesses and inventions that changed little thing in everyday life. New on the scene actors, musicians, athletes, all kinds of different people.

"Oh darling, you must meet Mr. Collin Moore, he's about your age and very successful. He's a masters in medical science, but he's rather knowledgeable about today's media and all. That's one of the reasons I wanted the boys to play," She smiled, walking me towards the stage where "the boys" were now playing.

Soon enough, I was stood in front of a fairly tall handsome man. Blue eyes and blonde hair with a flawless completion. We stood fairly close to the stage, as Mrs. Dalhousie struck up a conversation.

"Mr. Moore," She called

"Oh Betty please, call me Collin," He insisted

"Collin darling, this is Valleri Jones she's come over here to America from England, her cousin is Davy Jones the one playing the tambourine on stage," She spoke as Collins eyes met mine

"Valleri, it's a pleasure," He took my hand in his and kissed it softly

Mrs. Dalhousie had soon gone off to chat with other guests, and I found myself deep in conversation with Collin. We talked forever about medical science, music, England and America, Davy, life, he made conversation rather easy. He was so charming and sweet, along with being smart and whimsical. I didn't even notice that the music had stopped and the boys had got off stage.

As I kept myself busy with Collin, I felt a large hand grasp my upper arm which snapped me out of my daze. Looking back, thinking it was Davy, I was surprised when I was met with the sight of someone's chest, so instead I looked up and saw Mike.

"Oh, hi Mike," I smiled warmly

"Davy told me to come get you," He spoke in a rather stern voice, almost as if he was being a bit over protective

"Why couldn't he come get me himself?"

"I don't know, it doesn't matter just come on," Mike sounded as if he had a very vague spark of jealous in his voice

"Well, I'll talk to you later then Collin," I smiled, hiding the piece of paper with his phone number in my hand

"Until then, Valleri," He gave me a charming smile, and I swooned only slightly which earned a confused look from Mike

"Don't swoon, what so special about him that you have to swoon like an idiot?"

"Everything," I giggled.