The Girl I Knew Somewhere

Our plane landed around lunch time. Manchester was just as I remembered, though of course things always change in the span of a few months. Michael and Davy walked along side me in the airport, while Peter and Micky were home taking time off from the gigs, which all four of them needed.

The three of us were silent, however my head was swarming with thoughts hitting off each other, swimming all around like my brain was some kind of public pool. I knew Michael was tired, it was a long ride over from California and he slept most of the way. Davy stayed up for the majority, taking to other passengers and reading whatever he could get his hands on. I did both, half sleeping – usually on Mike – and half trying to busy myself.

We got a cab and directed the driver to my house. It wasn't big but, it wasn't exactly small. I rested my head on Davy's shoulder and sighed softly to myself as he road up the hill I had gone up and down so many times. Then we went past Davy's parents house, I spent a lot of time there. A little further down the road was my house, most likely filled with family.

He stopped outside the house, and I stepped out after Davy giving the neighbourhood a quick once over and smiled before grabbing my suitcase from the car. Davy paid the driver and he headed off back down the road, as for the three of us, we walked up the small path I use to run down every morning to catch the bus. I took hold of Michaels hand just by instinct, and he looked down at me with what looked like a soft expression.

"You're home, kid," He spoke with a soft chuckle as I felt and arm wrap around my shoulder

"Feels good, doesn't it Val?" Davy said, referring to the homey feeling

"It's nice," I said with a small smile "I just wish dad was here to welcome me home," I spoke, biting my lip softly as Michael squeezed my hand reassuringly

"But you still got everyone else to see," Michael said, as sympathetic as he could muster

I nodded my head and the three of us made it up to the door, I was sad sure, I was staying here for a month, Michael goes back after this week is over, and Davy goes back after two weeks had passed. It's a lot of long distance phone calls every night, but it's worth it.

I reached my hand out, grasping the doorknob and twisting it with some hesitation. As I opened the door the sound of my siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, family friends, you name it. The voice I cherished the most was my mothers. We walked into the house and all eyes laid on us, rightfully so.

My last couple of months had definitely switched my thinking, I hadn't focused on my music at all. I was too busy dreaming over a tall Texan with beautiful brown eyes. It's like everything took a U-turn and my life had flipped suddenly. But being home switched it right back, and it's a nice feeling. Having everyone you love all in one place.

And I did.

A/N
Wow, that was fun, wasn't it?
I hope you guys enjoyed this book, I'm considering a second one but I'm not quite sure yet. Anyways, thanks to everyone who read the story and kept devoted to it, made lovely comments, voted, etc, you guys are wonderful.
Thank you !! ❤️