Tear Drop City

One Month Later...

        I hadn't done much within this month, I was on pain killers for my head and I had to go to the doctors a few times to make sure everything was still okay. By now I was much better, up and walking around and cleaning the house while the boys went out, the peace and quiet was nice.

They had to rehearse on the balcony for the whole month, playing their music with me around, especially Micky, wasn't good for my head. But now they could finally come back in, I missed being able to hear it anyways.

As for Mike and I, well he made it clear to Davy that there was something going on between us. Davy wasn't exactly one to keep quiet and it bothered him at first, but now he's warmed up to it. Mike and I have finally gotten that freedom to be with each other in a place other then just on our own. It's wonderful.

I sat in the room by myself, reading a book as the afternoon began to set in. Minutes into it, the door knob jolted and Mike stumbled in without saying a word. I looked up casually, catching his dark eyes at first and then searching the expression on his face.

"What's wrong then?" I asked folding the corner page of my book over

"I'm just flustered," he spoke in a low voice, making his way to sit on the bed

"Why?"

"I dunno, I just am," he shrugged.

I sighed and placed the book on the bed beside me, sitting up a bit more and tucking my legs underneath me. I placed a soft hand on his cheek and stroked it gingerly. Luckily he let out a long breath and closed his eyes, which for the most part means he was relaxing.

"Seriously, you can't just barge in here all upset and not have a reason," I said turning his face to mine

He opened his eyes and stared into mine for a few seconds before he parted his lips, wanting to speak but closing his mouth.

"Mike?"

"It's not even my business," he answered abruptly

"Whys that? Stop being stubborn and just tell me," I argued

"To be perfectly honest, I think you'd be much happy if I didn't tell you," he grumped standing up again

"Michael," I placed my feet on the floor, still sitting on the edge of the bed

"I'm not gonna bother you with it, you're still recovering anyways."

"I'm fine, my head is alright. If this whole thing really didn't bother you then you wouldn't have stormed in here and ruined "recovery time,"" I crossed my arms and didn't take my eyes off of him

He sighed heavily and scratched the back of his head "Actually I was pushed,"

"Michael!"

I stood up but regretted it instantly, after what seemed like arguing for a good couple minutes I hadn't realized how much pressure that put on my head. It felt like the blood started rushing up and my vision went sort of dark and blurry, then I got a sharp pain in the back of my head making me stumble into Michael. He steadied me by grasping my arms and walking me back towards the bed, laying me down.

"I told you, you're still not fully recovered. This'll only make it worse and stress you out," he sat back onto the bed and pressed a hand to my forehead.

I took a few seconds to collect myself and look up at Michael, he had his eyes set on me, as if he hadn't taken them off me from the time he got in here to now. His face was now becoming sympathetic, he bit his lip and watched me closely.

"Michael, what happened?"

He sighed heavily, "I'm flustered because they're making me tell you."

"Tell me what?" I asked softly

"Davy got a letter this afternoon, he was real upset about it too. He went for a walk but before he did he said we should read it and tell you," Mike explained

"Michael, for the last time, what are you going to tell me?" I asked seriously

"Valleri," he cleared his throat and cupped my cheek  "Your father's dead."