~1~

Meredith

"Meredith Hall?" A middle aged woman calls my name from the doorway. Her blue dress squeezes her body tightly as she takes a deep breath in. Nerves cause my stomach to knot as I stand up and adjust my white skirt and black crop top, a fancy day's outfit for me, before following her into a brightly lit room. I stumble a little as I walk through the doorway. There is a chair set up directly in the center of the room, and I shyly make my way over to it, sitting down with my chin tucked down to my chest. After a couple of seconds, curiosity takes over and I begin to look around at my surroundings.

To my right, there is a table set up with four people sitting at it, note pads and pens placed in front of them. They all have name tags set up, and I scan across them, left to right. Geoff, Andrew, Kelsi, and Bryan.

To my left, a tall guy, around my age, is sitting on a wooden stool, buried in his phone. He seems intensely focused on something. His brown hair is perfectly styled, and his outfit is a simple pair of jeans with a soft black tee. He looks familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. He glances up, and his brown eyes connect with my green eyes. That's when I notice his lazy eye, and a small imperfection right on his cheek. I realize I'm staring, so I look away quickly, heat flooding into my cheeks.

"Okay, Ms. Meredith. I understand you are here to audition to be Shawn's hired girlfriend." Andrew speaks, motioning to the guy on the stool who I automatically presume is Shawn. I'm only doing this because I need the money. I can barely pay my rent every month and if I can, I hardly have enough money to buy food.

"Uh, yeah." I say, shyly. Most of the girls out in the waiting room are doing this for the same reason I am, but I still feel ashamed of needing to be a hired girlfriend.

"Great, so in order to see how you would fit with him, we are going to run some random scenarios by you guys, and see how well you handle them together." The guy with the name tag Geoff twirls his pen in his hand. I dart my eyes over to Shawn, who's eyes are fixated on me.

"To start, we are going to do something super simple. Your first public kiss. Make it short, sweet, and simple, yet romantic. Go." Andrew prepares his notebook as Shawn stands, stuffing his phone into his back pocket. I stand up awkwardly, following his lead Of course they immediately make us go for the kiss. In two quick strides, he closes the gap in between us, sliding his hand onto my left hip.

My breath catches in my throat, and the next thing I know, his soft, pink lips are pressed to mine. My eyes flutter shut.

Sparks. Fireworks. Everywhere. But it isn't real. I fluidly move my arms to around the back of his neck, and smile into the kiss before pulling back. Shawn smiles lightly, then presses his lips to my forehead.

"Okay, perfect. Let's go to something different. You are fighting over Shawn flirting with another girl. He keeps denying it." Kelsi pipes up this time. Shawn steps back only leaving traces of his cologne and the ghost of his mouth on mine, and his face turns hard, as if a switch was flipped.

"What do you mean? I was only being nice?" He raises his voice.

"You are so oblivious! You were totally flirting with her!" I retaliate.

"Meredith, I-"

"No, save it Shawn! You've really screwed up, and this time I'm not letting it slide. Back off!" I start to let fake tears slide down my face.

"Babe, please! I-" He grabs at my arm as I turn my body away from him then rip my arm away.

"Just shut up and leave me alone!" I cry, my voice cracking. I glance over at the people sitting behind the table, and their mouths are hanging open.

"That was... amazing! Wow, um, when can you start?" Andrew says. I wipe the fake tears off my face in shock. Shawn runs his fingers through his hair uncomfortably.

"Wait like, you really want me to do this?" I ask, shellshocked. Andrew nods, and slides his notepad and pen over to me.

"Yeah! Write your address and phone number down here, and I'll be at your house by nine so we can get you ready for your first date with Shawn. Also, I'll contact you about pay and other important things, like rules." He explains. I take the pen, my hands shaking, and quickly do what he told me.

He must've seen my nervous shaking because he chuckles sympathetically as I hand him back his stuff.

"There is no need to be nervous, sweetheart! Shawn'll give you the time of your life." He smiles. I look over at Shawn and he has his attention buried back into his phone. Coincidentally, he bites his bottom lip, and adjusts the way he is standing, making him look extremely sexy. I look away when I realize I'm staring again.

"O-Okay. Uh, thanks." I stumble over my words, as I smooth out my skirt. The same woman who called me into the room, ushers me out, leaving me alone to think about what just happened.

Shawn

"Why are you making me do this? I'm perfectly happy being single." I shove my phone into my back pocket as the crew packs up.

"It's so the press'll get off my back and stop asking who you're dating. I mean, just look at her, Mendes. She's perfect for this." He slides me a picture from her file, but I push it away.

"I get it. Its for your benefit. That's great." I roll my eyes and grab my keys off the table, storming out of the room. The crew follows me out of the building.

"Oh, come on, Shawn. It's for you too! You need to come out of your shell and find a good girl for you!" Andrew retorts. I roll my eyes again and unlock my Jeep. I can hear them talking in quiet tones.

Meredith seems like a good girl. She also seems so innocent. A little bit too innocent. I, on the other hand, have kissed about fifteen different strangers today. When I kissed her, it was different. She didn't even try, but it was amazing.

The heavy wind whips through my hair as I speed up, trying to escape from all of my problems.

£•£•£•£•£•£
A/N:
{Edited}

How was it y'all? Vote, comment, and share if you liked it!! 😘

P.S. The picture on top is what Meredith is wearing in this scene!