~23~

Shawn

"Meredith, meet my daughter, Kennedy." He says. Kennedy grins at me with a certain smugness before turning her gaze to Meredith.

"You must be Meredith, Shawn's girlfriend." She flashes a fake smile at Meredith, who tenses up beside me.

"Um, yeah." Meredith replies. Her dad looks me up and down.

"Meredith, you didn't tell me that this kid is your boyfriend." He clears his throat. Meredith's face pales and she shrinks into me.

"Yes." She mutters through clenched teeth.

"Have you guys fooled around?" He growls. He suspects I am going to get her pregnant. Meredith continues to push her body into mine fearfully.

"No sir." I say confidently. He looks me over again.

"Meredith, I-" He starts.

"No, Jack, I'm not putting up with you controlling me anymore. I'm not five, and you're sure as hell not my dad anymore. You made the decision when you apparently cheated on my mother while you were still married. You beat my sister and I, and your friends would rape us all the time. All you ever did was laugh and watch. I'm sick and tired of it. You are no longer my father. Don't ever try and get in contact with me again." Meredith keeps her voice level, moving towards her father with every word.

Jack doesn't move, shocked by the words that came out of Meredith's mouth. Meredith turns to leave just as Kennedy leans towards me.

"Thanks for blocking my number." She whispers. Goosebumps race down my spine from her words, and I immediately turn on the ball of my foot, following Meredith out of the house with out another word. She slams the front door behind her.

"Let's go." I keep my voice quiet, taking her hand in mine and guiding us back to Meredith's house. Matt is standing by the front door on his phone.

"Hey. Meredith, sweetie, what's wrong?" He asks, gently grabbing her arm. She falls into him, her body beginning to shake as she sobs.

"Her dad had an affair when he was still married to her mom. Kennedy was the result of that. Meredith stood up to him when he tried to talk to her about our relationship. She called him by his first name and told him never to talk to her again. Then, on top of everything, Kennedy revealed she had been the one making the calls." I relay the entire story to Matt. He strokes her hair soothingly.

"It was such a bad idea. He gave me the look he would always give me before he would abuse me." Meredith sobs. I can see Matt trying not to cry too.

"Hey, let's go watch a movie. Then if you feel comfortable, one of the two of us can sleep with in your room with you tonight. That way your dad can't hurt you." Matt suggests. Meredith wipes her eyes and her nose, taking a deep breath in.

"Okay." She chokes out. It kills me to see her like this. And I hate that her dad is the one who has done this to her.

Meredith

The screen goes black and the credits begin to roll. I glance at the time on my phone, adjusting my head on Shawn's chest.

9:27 PM.

"Guys we should go to bed." I mutter. Matt sits up from his spot.

"Okay. Who do you want to sleep with you tonight?" He asks, chewing on his lower lip. He clearly wants me to pick him over Shawn, but Shawn and I are supposed to be in a relationship.

"I- I don't know." I stutter, uncomfortably, pushing myself off of the couch. Shawn follows.

"Meredith, we need to talk." He says. His eyes flicker down to his phone where the screen lights up with a message from Andrew.

"Okay, Matt, I'll come back out after I have made my decision, okay?" I make eye contact with Matt. He grins and gives me a slight wink before I follow Shawn into my bedroom.

I hate being torn between the two of them constantly. I can feel my relationship with Shawn slowly becoming more real. But, deep down, I want the old relationship I had with Matt. At least I was positive that one was real.

"So I told Andrew about everything." Shawn starts. I pause and wait for him to continue. "And he blew it off. Then he proceeded to tell me that the press is pestering him for more news on us."

"Wait, so what does that mean?" I ask, confused. He takes a deep breath in and slowly releases it, sitting on the bed behind him.

"He told them that we have secretly been together for a year now." He covers his face with his hands as he speaks. I sit down on the bed next to him trying to process everything.

"So, that means he'll probably want us to get pregnant now." I finish. Shawn cringes and nods.

"Yeah. He hasn't said anything about it, but I know it's coming."

"What do we do?"

"I don't know, Meredith, but I have a serious question for you." Shawn mumbles, making eye contact with me. I freeze.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"I know this probably isn't the best time, but I want to make this relationship real." He whispers. I smile.

"Absolutely." I respond after a couple of seconds. He grins and leans over to press his lips to the top of my head.

We sit in silence for a couple of seconds before I hear sirens coming increasingly closer and red and blue lights flicker through the window. Curiosity takes over and I push myself off the bed, walking into the front room to look out of the window. Both of the guys come in behind me and watch as the police cars come to a screeching stop at my father's house.

My heart begins to pound and my breathing speeds up increasingly. Shawn's arms comfortingly slide around my waist as I watch the cops move to surround the house. I can barely see a couple of them bursting through the front door.
Seconds later, I watch the man I used to call my father being dragged out of the house in handcuffs.

£•£•£•£•£•£•£•
A/N

Wow. Well that happened. More drama and fights coming next chapter. BUT CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT GUYS SHEREDITH JUST BECAME LEGIT. WHAT THE HECK FINALLY. But poor Matt 😔