~7~

Meredith

12:35 pm
From Shawn; To Meredith
Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today

12:35 pm
From Meredith; To Shawn
Well, I have a cold and I look and feel horrible. I practically can't go out. I guess you can come over here.

12:36 pm
From Shawn; To Meredith
Are you sure?

12:36 pm
From Meredith; To Shawn
Of course I'm sure. Andrew would want it anyways.

12:37 pm
From Shawn; To Meredith
Okay, how does half an hour sound? Also,  can I have my friend Matthew come with me?

12:37 pm
From Meredith; To Shawn
That's perfect. And yeah, it'll be nice to meet someone new.

I sneeze again as I read his message, blowing my nose. I feel like I got run over by a bus, and quite frankly, I can't stand the thought of Shawn seeing me like I am. I'm starting to like him. Not like that, just as a friend.

I quickly grab the box of tissues I had sitting beside me off the couch and walk into my bathroom where I shoot a scathing glare at my makeup bag sitting on the bathroom sink. I wanted today to be a lazy day, not wanting to put on my makeup, or clean my house, but now I guess I have to do both.

I'm picking up the last stray tissue thrown on my living room floor as the doorbell rings. Eucalyptus begins barking from the other room then runs into the front hall. I lock her in her cage then toss the tissue in the garbage can before opening the door to see Shawn and a dirty blond boy behind him.

"Meredith, hey. This is my friend, Matthew Espinosa! He's going to be staying up here with me for a little while," Shawn smiles, gesturing to the all to familiar face still standing behind him.

Oh my god, wait. Matthew Espinosa? I glance around Shawn, and Matthew's eyes widen at the same time mine do. I shift my weight onto my left leg and grit my teeth together.

"Meredith, nice to meet you." He nods.

"You as well. You guys come on in. I'll be right back, but feel free to make yourselves at home." I try my hardest to hold in my feelings. Shawn comes in the house, Matthew trailing close behind.

"Um, Meredith, I have to use the restroom. Where is it?" Matthew clears his throat, awkwardly.

"Here, I'm heading that way, so you can just follow me." I reply, plastering a fake smile on. He follows me into the hallway leading to my room.

"What are you doing in Canada?" He asks, stopping me once we are sure Shawn can't hear us.

"I had to get away from my dad, Matt. I couldn't just stay. And I can ask you the same question." I reply through gritted teeth.

"So you just left Sadie?"

"Matt, I had no choice. And you can't really say anything about that. You left me. You left me alone with him too."

"Meredith, don't. I thought you said we would never bring that back up." He mumbles.

"When you show up at my door with my boyfriend after a long ass time, then bring up the situation with my dad, I'm going to bring it up. And for your information, Sadie is here with my mom now. And she's safe. How do you know Shawn?" I change the subject.

"I went on tour with him a while back. This is so weird."

"Tell me about it. Now wait here. Come out after you count to ten. And act like you have no clue who I am still, got it?" I begin to walk back into the living room, lowering my voice to whisper.

Shawn

Meredith comes back into the living room and I turn my phone off, placing it under my leg.

"You okay?" I ask her. She looks somewhat pale, and anyone could tell she is shivering.

"I could swear I've been run over by a bus." She replies, sniffling and falling onto the couch beside me. Matt comes from the hallway on his phone as she rests her head on my chest.

"Why did you invite me over then, baby?" I pull out the sweet talk as I stroke her hair. I don't think Meredith knows I've told Matt that this whole dating thing is a set up.

"Because I wanted to." She sniffles again. I place my hand on her forehead.

"God, Meredith. You're burning up." I gently sit her up as I stand up from the couch and walk into her kitchen.

"What are you doing, Shawn?" Meredith calls from the couch, her voice somewhat raspy. She's getting worse.

"Where is your medicine cabinet?" I respond with a question.

"Top right cabinet." She replies. I look over to see Matt sit down on the couch beside Meredith before I reach into her cabinet and pull out Ibuprofen. I pour two of the odd shaped pills into my hand and grab a water bottle out of the fridge.

Meredith sits up a little as I bring the medicine in, gratefully taking it quickly. I glance over at Matt.

"You okay, Matt?" I mumble, trying to catch his attention. He looks up from his phone, and places his left ankle on his right knee.

"Yeah, I'm good." He stutters, his voice cracking. I raise my eyebrows at him and sit in between him and Meredith.

"C'mere Mer." I say lightly. She looks over at me for a second with a deer in headlights look before she scoots up to me, laying her head on my chest.

"You know you're going to get sick." She giggles. I chuckle, messing with her hair again.

"Nah. My immune system is strong. Can you pass me the remote? We'll watch a movie and then Matt and I'll leave." I lightly rub her back as she grabs the remote off the couch beside her and hands it to me. I turn the TV on and begin to flip through the channels.

"Matt, is there anything I can get you to drink? You too, babe." Meredith asks, sitting up again as I turn on her Netflix.

"Um, water would be great." Matt responds, running his fingers through his hair.

"I'll have some water too please. But I'll get it. You need to sit down and relax." I say, quietly.

"I'm okay, Shawn. It's only a little cold. I'll be right back." She clears her throat. I find 22 Jump Street and turn it on. Seconds later, she comes back into the room and tosses a water bottle to the both of us before laying back down next to me, her head lightly resting on my chest.

£•£•£•£•£•£
A/N:
{Edited}

I had no clue how to end this chapter. Oops. Anyways, there is a connection between Matt and Meredith...  WOAH... Thanks for the help vevoshawn
I literally couldn't have kept this story going without your advice!!