~26~

Meredith

"What? Okay, um, I'll be at your house in like half an hour. Matt doesn't need to know yet, okay? Just give me some time with Ari." I feel really bad. I came over to her house to talk to her and now I'm about to leave.

"Okay, take your time. I love you, Meredith." He says. My heart flutters in my chest.

"I love you too." I reply, knowing it's not fake. A smile spreads across my face as I pull the phone away from my ear and hang up.

"I know about you guys, Mere. You don't have to fake." Ari says, adjusting herself on the bed.

"Well, last night, we made it official." I continue to smile.

"That's amazing, Meredith! Seriously, I need to meet this kid!"

--

Shawn runs his fingers through his messy hair, and paces back and forth.

"Shawn, babe, what's up?" I say, feeding off of his nervous energy.

"Andrew called last night, and told me it's time." He repeats.

"Shawn, don't stress it. Don't you want to have a baby?"

"I-I don't know, Mere. I don't know if I'm ready yet... I mean with my career and everything I-"

"This is your career."

"It's just the pressure, y'know? Bringing a child into this world is a lot of work and I want the best for my kid."

"I know, but we can handle it together. He'll have the best supportive father. I'm quitting Aveda so I can stay home with him and everything."

"Meredith, you don't even know we're going to get pregnant. It doesn't always happen on the first try."

"It's okay. Andrew said he would raise my pay if I ever stopped working there. Plus, some how, this whole 'it's time' thing happened right about the time I'm ovulating. Which is kind of creepy if you think about it." I laugh lightly, trying to lighten the mood. I hear the front door open and I tense up.

"Shawn? I'm home." Matt's voice rings through the small house.

"Fantastic," Shawn mouths. I motion my head in the direction his bedroom and he nods, following behind me. I quietly shut the door.

"Andrew took me off the week long tour thing. He and I talked earlier this morning at the studio. He said Jack and Jack are taking my spot in the line up." Shawn looks disappointed.

"Why? There isn't even a guarantee I'm going to get pregnant." He's clearly hiding something from me. And it's aggravating. I jump at the sound of a knock on the bedroom door. Seconds later, it pushes open. Matt looks surprised to see me standing there.

"Meredith! Hi! Uh, I hope I didn't interrupt anything. I just wasn't expecting you to be here." He rambles.

"It's okay." I reply. An awkward silence follows, causing Shawn to shift from foot to foot uncomfortably.

"Either one of you want a beer?" Matt asks, trying to cut the silence.

"Um, no thanks. I should probably head home." I clear my throat.

"Oh, okay." He says.

"I'll be over later." Shawn says with a fake smile.

Shawn

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask, rubbing my face with my hands. She crosses her legs as she sits on the bed.

"We have to, Shawn. At least I have to. This is my job." She says.

"A baby." The two words make me shudder.

"Our baby." Meredith corrects. My breath hitches in my throat as she stands from the chair in the corner of her room and comes over to the bed.

We sit in silence, my mind racing. I'm about to change my life forever by bringing a child into it. And with a girl I've only really been with for a little under twenty four hours.

It's different than a one night stand. I can't just get up and leave the next morning without any regrets or worries. With my notorious past of affairs- before Andrew got sick of the image I was creating for myself- my body is acting as if I am just going to sleep with this girl and leave. I was stuck in a rut then. I was used to having sex with someone and the next morning going straight to work as if nothing had happened. But I can't do that this time.

"Are you okay?" She whispers. I try and swallow the knot in the back of my throat and turn my body towards hers.

"I'm fine." I reply. She leans in and her lips connect with mine, passion running through the two of us. "Are you sure? Now's the time to back out. I can call Andrew and tell him-"

Her warm, pink lips meet mine again, this time quicker.

"I'm positive." She reaches her hand up and messes with my hair, her eyes staying locked on mine. Her eyelids flutter shut as I crash my lips against hers, our bodies falling back onto the sheets on her bed.

My hand gently runs the length of her body, resting on her hip as our kiss becomes deeper. Instinctively, my hips begin to grind into hers as I move my lips to her neck. Her hands claw at the bottom of my shirt, begging for me to pull it off. I quickly comply, sitting up just enough to pull it over my head. Without missing another beat, my lips are attached to her neck, lightly sucking love bites into her soft skin.

"Shawn, please." She whispers. I pull her shirt over her head in a swift motion, admiring the way her eyes are watching me. She giggles as I help her sit up a little and fumble with the bra clasp. Her lips find mine again, this time filled with a burning passion and lust. Her fingers tangle into my hair, pulling me ever closer to her. I'm thrown back to the one night after I took her out and we connected in the car.

"Are you a hundred percent positive, Meredith?" I ask again.

"I've never been more sure about anything." She replies.

"Okay. I love you."

£•£•£•£•£•£
A/N

Hey babies! I hope y'all liked it! Next chapter will be better! I promise! Btw, the picture on top is because Ariana Grande plays Ari and she is queen, so Ariana Grande appreciation photo collage... 👑