~15~

Meredith

"It wasn't your fault. You had the opportunity and you took it." Sadie sobs into my shoulder and guilt rushes through me.

"I know, but I could have stopped what happened to you if I had just stayed. I'm so sorry." I cry. I wrap my arms around her tightly, and pull her to me as the two of us cry all of our tears of pain. After about fifteen minutes of trying to calm down, she sits up and wipes the mascara smudges from under her eyes.

"I've been petty, Meredith. I'm sorry, and I would really like to make up for the lost time between the two of us." She suggests, maturely. I sniffle and mess with my hair a little, tucking it behind my left ear.

"Okay, let's start with talking about life. Any guys?" I clear my throat and take a deep breath, trying to get the feeling of crying to go away. Sadie has forgiven me, and she clearly wants us both to move on.

"Well, I've had one for about four months. His name is Grant and he's super sweet. He hasn't hurt me, and he's taken care of me constantly." She grins, looking at her wall. Anyone can tell she's thinking about him.

"Any pictures?" I smile. She picks up her iPhone from the bed beside her and clicks the home button.

The lock screen picture is of her and a guy a good three or four inches taller than her. His dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes match Sadie's perfectly, and there are two dimples on either side of his wide smile. "Aw, Sades! He's adorable!" I compliment as I continue to study the picture.

"Thanks! And I can't help but notice all of the pictures of you and Shawn Mendes floating around the internet. And Matt." Sadie digs her elbow into my ribs, smirking. She's not really the kind of person to fangirl and freak out, even though two guys I am socially involved with are what you would consider famous.

"Um, yeah." I begin to blush like crazy again. It seems that talking about Shawn has that effect on me.

"Meredith, you're dating Shawn Mendes! Hello, isn't this amazing? Not to mention the fact that you've already kissed him! You're, like, the luckiest person ever!" She squeals. I giggle. This is not usually her personality.

"I don't know. Can you keep a secret?" I reply. She widens her eyes.

"Of course! What's up? Is he good in bed?" She asks, smirking. I laugh, gently shoving her.

"Well, I wouldn't know. He and I aren't really dating. This is all just set up by his manager, Andrew and we have to pretend that we are a couple. The problem is, I want to be able to love him. But I can't because Andrew wants him to get me pregnant, then I think he wants him to leave." I ramble. Sadie's mouth is slightly ajar.

"Oh my god, Meredith. That's horrible. So what about Matt? Why is he up in Canada?" She places her hand soothingly on my right leg.

"He's coincidentally best friends with Shawn. They went on tour together. I had to tell Ari everything because I thought she already knew, so she invited me over after I told Matt about the baby, and I had to tell her about the baby and she started crying and practically told me to leave." I sigh. Other than McKynleigh, Sadie was the only other one that knew about the baby because she helped me get to the hospital when I lost it.

"So, Matt knows? Let's go get dinner, and we'll talk more later. I'm starved." She laughs.

Shawn

"Yeah, mum, everything is fine, I just had a quick question. Did Aaliyah get a new number?" I rest my phone on the bathroom sink and stare at my reflection in the mirror.

"No, no one in the family did." She replies and I can tell she's confused by her tone of voice. I turn on the faucet water and let it run until it's the coldest it can get, being careful not to get any water on my phone.

"Oh, okay." I say as I cup my hands and fill them with water.

"Why are you asking?" She asks through the speaker phone, as I throw the water onto my face. I look back into the mirror and watch the water drip from my face.

"I just got a random text and I thought it was Aaliyah. It's no big deal." I grab the white hand towel off the hook and begin to pat it on my face to dry it off.

"Okay, so when am I going to be able to meet your new girlfriend?" She lets out a soft chuckle and I smile, missing her laugh.

"Yeah, Shawn. She's super cute!" Aaliyah's voice comes from the background of the phone call and I can't help but smile.

"She's kind of sick right now, so I can't really can't bring her over to the house. But I will as soon as possible. She's the sweetest girl!" I pick up my phone off the white marble and move back into the living room, plopping down on the couch. Matt's silently sitting on the couch next to me on his phone.

"Alright, well you boys don't burn the house down. Tell Matthew I said hi." She says and I glance over at Matt before closing my eyes, tired.

"Hi, mama Mendes." He laughs.

"Oh, hi, Matt! I love you two, and I'll talk to you soon!" My mom gives a hearty laugh.

"Bye, mum! I love you." I say, wiping the inner corner of my eye.

"Bye Shawn. I love you more." She replies before hanging up.

"Nope. Aaliyah didn't get a new number. And neither did my dad. This is creeping me out, Matt." I place my head in my hands, messing with my hair. My phone begins to ring from my lap and I pick it up.

"Matt, it's the same unknown number." I mumble, my heart rate picking up.

"Answer it! Don't just stare at it." Matt practically yells. I slide the answer button and immediately press the speaker button so Matt can hear as well.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice shaking.

"Hello, Shawn. I heard you have a girlfriend." The voice sounds as if a voice changer is being used, completely ruining any chance of me figuring out who it is. I shiver, fear coursing through my body.

"Well, um yeah. M-may I ask who's speaking?" I stutter. There's a low chuckle.

"I will have you again, Shawn Peter Raul, you can count on that. And first is for me to take care of your pretty little girlfriend."

£•£•£•£•£
A/N:
{Edited}

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn! I hope it's picking up y'all. Sadie is talking to Meredith again and everything! And Ari is being a brat... I have a fantoodlytastic plan for this...😏