~31~

Meredith

"Oh my gosh, Shawn." I clap my hands over my mouth in surprise. People all around the restaurant are watching now, and a few of them are recognizing Shawn, maybe from a daughter or something. "A million times yes." I nod.

"I love you, Meredith." He smiles, pulling the gorgeous ring out of the velvet enveloped box. I offer him my left hand and he slides the ring on, fitting it perfectly.

Applause comes from the tables surrounding us as Shawn and I hug each other tightly. I pull back, admiring the ring as I sit back down in my chair.

"I love you too, Shawn." I whisper. "This ring literally fits perfectly. How did you get my ring size?"

"I asked your mom for your hand in marriage and she gave me your ring size." He smiles deviously.

"How? You have no clue where my mom lives! And you don't have any contact with her." I giggle.

"Well, I stole your phone when you were over and you went to the bathroom and I took the time to steal your sister's phone number. So I texted her, got your address, went to your house, and asked for your hand in marriage." Shawn explains. The waiter comes by with two skinny glasses of champagne.

"For the happy couple. Congratulations." He smiles. I bite on my lower lip, watching Shawn as he raises his glass and takes a small sip. I would drink mine, but not with the chance of me getting pregnant, and not since I'm out in public and underaged.

"So I was thinking maybe we can, you know, try again tonight?" He mutters setting his glass down.

"What?"

"Maybe we can try again." He repeats, clearing his throat.

"Oh, yeah. Um, maybe if you're lucky." I smirk. His brown eyes widen a little and blush creeps into his cheeks and into his neck. I giggle a little, biting on my lip again. He looks down at the table a little flustered. "What's wrong with you, Shawn? You were the one who asked the question." I tease.

"Well, I wasn't expecting to have this sort of conversation with my fiancée in a public place." He mumbles. I chuckle and lean across the narrow table, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. When I fall back into my chair, I realize the waiter is standing ready for our food order.

"May I get your order?" He asks politely. Shawn looks at me to order first, but when I look down at the menu, which mostly consists of french foods I've never heard of, my eyes catch on the sparkling, brand new ring on my finger.

I'm engaged.

"Oh, sorry, I'll have the courgette please." I finally snap back onto Earth.

"And I'll have the same please. Can we get a glass of seltzer water for the lady? She's to young to have champagne." Shawn smiles.

"Absolutely monsieur." The waiter takes our menus. And I sit and admire my new fiancé.

Shawn
2 weeks later

"Shawn, pull over please." Meredith begs, her face pale.

"Honey, there's no where to pull over. What's wrong?" I reply.

"Shawn!" She screams. I frantically pull off to the grass on the side of the road and unlock the doors.

"Meredith, what's going on?" I ask, now worried. She quickly opens her door and leans out of the car, struggling to hold her hair back in a makeshift ponytail.

I quickly undo my seatbelt and lean over so that I can help. I grab her hair with my right hand and soothingly rub her back with my left. Her body convulses as she dry heaves, and seconds later she begins to vomit. I wait until there are barely any cars coming then I grab her water bottle from the cup holder and bolt out and around the car, slamming the door behind me.

"I'm so sorry." She says, her voice quiet and her eyes avoiding mine.

"It's okay, Mere. Hey, look at me." I hook my finger under her chin and gently lift her head up so she looks at me. "Here's some water." I say soothingly. She takes the water gratefully and takes a few, quick, sips.

"Wait a second. What's today?" She nervously asks as she fiddles with the plastic cap on the water, looking down at her lap. I crouch down and look up into her pale face.

"Uh. The eleventh of June, why?" I answer. Her eyes widen.

"I'm crazy late."

"For what?"

"My period you idiot!" She gently slaps my chest with the back of her hand as if it was obvious, which it kind of was. "This is morning sickness! I'm pregnant!" She explains.

"What? Meredith, you're pregnant?" I exclaim, excitedly. She nods, her face beaming. I step over her breakfast that's now spread across the ground and tightly hug her fragile figure. "That's amazing, baby!"

"It actually worked." She says. I release her from my grip and cross around the front of the car so I can climb back into the driver's seat.

"Now what do we do?" I ask, shutting the door. She shuts her door as well, buckles her seat belt, then takes another drink of water.

"Well, for starters, I should probably go to the doctor. Then, we need to tell Andrew. And I definitely need some gum." She laughs lightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"There should be some in the glove box." I smile, merging back into oncoming traffic. She opens the glove box and pulls out a pack of mint gum, offering me a piece. I politely decline and slowly change lanes, avoiding a semi.

"I'll call the doctors office and schedule an appointment. Hopefully they'll have something open today, if not tomorrow." She leans her head against the head rest, popping the piece of gum into her mouth.

"Okay, but you can't tell anyone. I don't want this spread around."

"Shawn, I have to tell Mickie. Please." She begs.

"Okay, but only McKynleigh."

£•£•£•£•£•£
A/N

ALYLM is almost finished guys. It feels like a part of me is already missing and I'm not even done with it entirely. When the story is completed though, stay tuned. I will be doing some MAJOR editing with my friends so it will be better!