~2~

Shawn
The next day at 9 AM;

"Shawn, come on get up. We have to go get Meredith soon, and we have to get you ready!" Andrew calls as he comes into my room and throws the blinds open.

"Go away, Andrew." I mumble, shielding my eyes from the light.

"Get up, now. This isn't optional. This is your job."

I'm left in silence, as Andrew leaves the room. Sunlight floods into the room through the blinds he had opened, and I reluctantly uncover my eyes to adjust to the bright light. I push the warm sheets back and stand up, stretching. A little piece of stationary is sitting on the table beside my bed with Meredith's name and phone number on it. With a yawn, I shuffle into my living room to see Andrew and Kelsi chatting between themselves. 

"Good morning, Shawn. Go ahead and get get dressed in this." Kelsi hands me an outfit in a garment bag.

"Can I at least get myself some coffee first? I'm not at all awake." I yawn again. 

"Way ahead of you," She takes a mug off of the table and passes it to me, "I didn't put anything in it. I didn't know how much cream or sugar you wanted." 

"Black is fine. I'll take anything. Thank you so much," I say, before taking a sip of the warm coffee.

"Alright, time to get dressed, Mendes. Let's go." Andrew says with a chuckle. I shuffle into my room, laying down the garment bag on my bed and unzipping it. It doesn't take me long to get dressed in the black slacks, gray t-shirt, and black blazer. 

"Okay, you ready?" Andrew asks as I come into the room. 

"Yeah, hold on." I reply, ruffling my fingers through my hair. I bend down and grab my black shoes with white soles, and pull them on before following Andrew out into the driveway where a sleek black car is waiting for us. 

Meredith

Sarah adjusts my head towards the light a little more, sweeping the brush with the contour powder on it in the hollows of my cheeks. Then she passes me a hand held mirror. I look better than I ever have before.

"Wow, Sarah!" I exclaim, smiling at my reflection.

"I'm glad you like it! Now we need to get you dressed, then we can do your hair." She chuckles. 

"Okay!" I smile. She unfolds the panel wall she has set up to reveal two outfits.

"You pick!" She grins as my mouth drops open. I haven't really made myself get dressed up in quite a while. I practically live in sweatpants and stained sweatshirts. 

One outfit is a long, black, halter top dress. There is a teardrop cutout in the chest, and there are blue flowers splashed all over it. The shoes set out under it are blue sandals with black stitching.

The other is a printed skirt, a maroon crop top, a pair of printed leggings and a gray cardigan. A silver pendant necklace and ring adorn the outfit. For shoes, there are a pair of black ankle high combat boots.

"Um, I like the one with the boots." I motion to the hanging outfit. It's going to be perfect for today's sunny, yet cold weather.

"I knew you would like that! You can go ahead and change behind the panel wall and then whenever you are finished, come out and we'll do your hair!" She takes the hanger off the folding wall, and gives me a little push to get me going. As I'm changing, my mind wanders to what I'm doing today. I'm pretty much going out on a date for a couple hundred dollars pay. But, desperate times call for desperate measures.

In no time, I am dressed in the outfit, and ready for Sarah to work her magic on my bland hair. She smiles as I sit down in her chair.

"What?" I giggle. She was already becoming a friend of mine.

"Why are you doing this?" She replies with a chuckle. I can't tell her the real reason. She's going to pity me, and I hate pity.

"That's a good question. I guess I'm just absolutely sick and tired of every single person that I know constantly calling me a goody-goody. There comes a time in every person's life when they get sick of who they were, and just like that, they're trying to become something the exact opposite. Although, I've kind of set myself up that way when I moved to Canada. I regret it now. Except I don't want what happened in my old hometown to happen again." I lie. She sections off my hair silently. I sneak a glance at her in the mirror just in time to see a tear roll down her right cheek.

"Sarah? What's wrong?" I ask, tenderly. She wipes away the tear and takes a deep breath, continuing to curl my hair.

"When I was fifteen, I was the sweetest girl in the whole school. Anybody who needed anything came to me. I was perfect. My life was perfect. That is until someone started making fun of me. I broke in half. After the bullying started, I met Sam.

I thought he loved me, but he really only wanted my body. Sure enough, about a month later, I gave into his plea for me. I turned sixteen a little while later. By that point, Sam had gotten me deep into drugs and drinking. And two days after my birthday, I found out I was pregnant.

Of course I immediately stopped with the drugs and drinking. I didn't want to hurt the baby. Sam left as soon as he found out. Nine months later, I had a baby boy, and met the love of my life. Point is, I know what you mean, about the breaking point thing. Just promise me you won't try and do anything you'll regret." Sarah sighs, as she runs her fingers through my curls, loosening them.

"You didn't have to share that with me!" I exclaim. Especially since I lied about my story. Partially.

"I wanted too! You're finished!" She changes the subject, switching off the curling iron. As if it was cued, the doorbell rings. I glance at the clock. 9:30 on the dot. I swallow nervously opening the door. Shawn is standing there, his hands in his pockets.

"You ready?"

£•£•£•£•£
A/N:
{Edited}

How was it? Cause I feel like it sucks. Anyways, vote, comment, and share!!