~11~

Shawn

"So, there's something I wanted to ask you." I say, swinging our joined hands. She looks up at me and smiles.

"What's up?" She replies.

"Okay, first of all, how are you feeling now that you've been out?" I ask. A light, cool, evening breeze blows through her hair, so she moves her hand up to her curls to calm them down.

"Horrible."

"Oh, do you wanna go home and watch a movie or-"

"No! I'm okay. Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit brutally honest." She laughs.

"I'm sorry." I mumble with a responding laugh. "Seriously, I don't mean to sound rude, but what's up with you and Matt?" I finally gather the courage to ask her. Silence fills the space between us as we walk down the side walk of the small downtown street.

"Oh god, I knew this was coming." She sighs. I squeeze her hand, comfortingly before she continues. "We're only friends, I swear. I wanted to talk to him so we met up at the park. I have no clue who took those pictures. They were set up to make us look bad. I'm so sorry. It's all just fake."

I take in everything she just said, again filling the air with our silence. Periodically, a car passes by and there's music that comes from the occasional bar, but for the most part, the night is quiet.

"Look, Shawn, I really need to talk to you. But apparently not right now because we have a friend." She pipes up, slightly moving behind me so my body is hiding hers. I look up to see a paparazzi car gliding up in front of us, a camera pointing out from the front passenger side window.

"Okay, let's head on back to my house then. Although Matt will be there. Do you want complete privacy?" I stop and turn around to face her so my back is to the camera and I'm blocking their view of Meredith as well.

"Matt actually probably needs to be there. So we can just go to your house." She replies. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her to me, hugging her tightly.

"Okay, Mer, let's head on." I say. She takes my hand in hers again and takes a right at the corner of the intersection we are on, leading me to my car. The black pap car follows the two of us down the side street, the snap of the camera sounding the whole way until we reach my black Jeep.

We quickly get in and pull out of the area, driving as fast as we could without seeming reckless. About ten minutes later, we pull into my driveway. Meredith takes a deep breath in and we rush into the house before anymore pictures can be taken of us.

"Matt, can you come in here?" I call as I throw my keys on the table. Meredith tucks her hair behind her ear and walks over to sit down on the couch.

Seconds later, Matt comes out of his room. Him and Meredith make eye contact and she nods to him.

"He needs to know. It's okay."

Meredith

"Can you two come sit with me please?" I ask, beckoning them over to me. Both of them glance at each other before coming over and sit down, one on each side of me.

"Matt, have you told Shawn anything?" I look over at him.

"I had to tell him that we were, um, close when you were still in Nebraska. I didn't tell him anything else." He mumbles. Anxiety begins to make my heart pound.

"Okay, so when Matt and I were down in Nebraska, I met him at a cliff near my house. I was contemplating suicide because my dad became really abusive and would beat my sister and I. Matt saved my life that night, and he took me to his house to keep me safe." I begin to explain. Shawn rubs his hands together and sneaks a quick look at Matt before looking back at me with sincerity in his eyes.

"It wasn't too long after that we actually became best friends. Then Matt asked me to prom as a legit date. So then we were a thing. Everyone was shocked that I was dating Matt. I was so innocent and quiet, and basically I got fed up with that image of myself. Matt and I sincerely loved each other, so we decided to take it a step farther." I pause to look for the right wording so it would be less awkward for all three of us.

"He and I became, um, intimate. That's when the abuse from my dad started to get worse. And then Matt got a tour offer, with you ironically, so we became just friends again." Tears begin to well up in my eyes at the thought of Matt leaving me, and I look over at him to see him crying too.

"Matt, I found out I was pregnant after you left." I choke out. I'd been wanting to tell him for so long, but there was never a good time. It was like an elephant had been sitting on my chest until now. Tears begin to stream down my cheeks as I finally let go of my feelings.

Both of the boys sit in silence, not knowing what to say. Matt begins to cry harder, hiding his face in his hands. I want to reach out and touch him, but my hands are clenched at my sides. Shawn gently places his hand on my thigh.

"I lost the baby because of my dad. I'm so sorry, Matt, that you had to find out this way. And I'm sorry, Shawn. I know you had to find out sometime." I cry. Shawn pulls me into his chest as I cry, and he gently rubs my back.

"Thank you for telling me, Meredith. I'll leave you and Matt alone, okay?" He replies. I nod and sit back a little so he can leave the room, then I turn towards Matt.

"Please, say something," I say quietly. He moves his hands a little and pulls me tightly to him.

"I was going to be a dad?" He mumbles. I nod and sniffle.

"I'm going to find your dad and beat the life out of him. He killed my baby." He says, his voice suddenly filling with rage. I sit up a little.

"No, you won't. Calm down, please. You're not thinking right. Right now, I really need to call McKynleigh. I'll be right back." I mumble, pulling out my phone. He nods, gritting his teeth, and places a short kiss on my forehead.

£•£•£•£•£•£
A/N
{Edited}

Dang, drama. It's in the air. Now you know more about Meredith's past, though. I hope you like it, guys!