Pt. 1 - Chapter 8 - Reunion

Anariel was only midway through her search of finding Elladan and Elrohir when Lindir found her and insisted on showing her to her usual quarters. Lindir's company was something she had always enjoyed in Revendell so she went with him gladly and vowed to continue her search later. One of her favourite parts about Lindir was that he was a good person to talk to... and gossip with.

"A Ranger? Really?" Ana wondered as he explained the reason for Arwen's absence.

"A Dunadine Ranger, yes." He nodded. "I don't believe you have met Aragorn, son of Arathorn?"

"I've heard the name. Elladen and Elrohir hunted a pack of Orcs with Arathorn when he was slain. After that my nephews moved his son and wife to the valley, correct?"

"Yes, he's a good man, although... blessed with long life or not..."

"He's still mortal." Ana finished. "I'm sure Arwen is fully aware of this and with her father's half human and half elven heritage she can choose between immortality and mortality... although I'm sure we'd all prefer her to choose immortality. She's young anyway... for an elf and as I've said countless times..."

"One can get board easy during an immortal life." Lindir finished as she smiled proudly at her friend just as they arrived at the front of her chamber door. "I shall leave you too it, then. You'll find some clean clothes laid out for you."

"Ni 'lassui, Mellonamin." There were many ways to say thank-you and other such phrases in the elvish language. Mostly because they did not say things in such simply words. This particular thanks literally translated to 'I am glad, my friend.'

Sure enough there was an elven made dress lying on the bed with a headpiece to hold back her hair. It would be nice, Anariel decided, to finally pull it back from her ears. It was the preferred method for all elves. She changed into the light blue dress with specks of gold and a gold belt and shoulder caps that held it together. She left most of her hair out, braiding back a little at the front to keep it from her face and then placed the simple golden headpiece on top. It matched the framework of the dress and came to a point in the centre of her forehead with a small, shinning, golden gem hanging from it. Silver was the usual colour of choice. Silver and white gold, but yellow gold was fashioned on occasion. 

It felt nice to finally get out of her leather bound and armour clad long shirt with trousers. The elven fashion was much more regal and comfortable and a lot lighter to wear. Anariel took her leave from her chambers; heading towards where she knew Elrond would be feeding the dwarves. She wasn't in much of a hurry to get there and took to a leisurely pace, welcoming in the feel of being back in Rivendell. No matter how far she travelled or how much she enjoyed it, there truely was no place like home and Rivendell was a second one to her.

"Try it. Just a mouthful." She heard Dori say as she got closer. Every other elf in the immediate area would have been able to hear as well, but she doubted the dwarves knew that.

"I don't like green food." Ori said back. "Have they got any chips?" Ana smiled, thinking of Ori turning his nose up at the, no doubt, vegetarian food laid before them.

She paused in her step then and decided to make a side trip to the kitchens before making her entrance known. The cook directed her to where she could find some baked and dried potato chips with salt that was more often than not reserved for the company of humans. She grabbed a bowl and filled it up before leaving.

There's an inn, there's an inn
There's a merry old inn

Bofur's deep and loud singing voice echoed as she got closer to the dinning area accompanied by a steady beat from his friends.