Prologue - Small Words

Italics inside "quotation marks" mean they're speaking a language other than english.

She looked up at them with perfect bright green elven eyes, framed with thick black lashes with a look of pure innocents and unknowing on her face. Her little hands curled around her mother's long slender fingers. Galadriel could feel her daughter's power flowing through her hand, extending up her arm and finally touching her heart simply through that one small touch. The child's eyes changed from their beautiful spring green to a bright crystalized ocean blue as her skin began to glow and shine, illuminated with unimaginable elven magic.

"She has your gifts, my love." Lord Celeborn's smooth voice escaped his lips like silk in a manner that all elves possessed. A quality that was never better demonstrated when speaking in their native elven tongue.

"No... she is different. I can feel it. Her power comes not from the moon and the stars, but from the sun... burning hot and red. She will be an adventurous one. The comforts of home will not satisfy her. Curiosity and a want of danger will run in her veins." Lady Galadriel hummed in equal grace.

Celeborn's hand brushed the almost clear strands of hairs on the child's head back in a comforting way that made the infant look up at him in wonder, her eyes now back to that bright green colour that reminded him so much of the life of the woods. They seemed to hold so much awareness and perception, but he too even without his wife's prophetic gifts could see that gleam of mischief and inquisitiveness. A combination that frightened the parents.

"Anariel." The Lord whispered.

"Of the sun." The Lady of the Light whispered the meaning of the name not to her husband, but to her infant daughter. Small words, but they said more about the new born then the two could possibly imagine.