Chapter 3 - The Great Escape

The trip through the winding corridors of the huge fortress was enough time for the battle to intensify. Queen Tisha and her trail of maidservants could hear the wailings and cries of the winglies outside.

They all halted on their feet.

"Something's not right, your highness," Anya, one of the priestess of the Kingdom and chief maidservant, uttered grimly. "Something terrible is happening."

Queen Tisha stood sensitively still, breathing heavily, knowing that what Anya just said is true.

Suddenly the fortress shook violently throwing everyone off their feet and onto the floor. Eleejah bursts out crying. It was evident that an enormous power has hit the fortress, it trembled against that power.

"Your highness, are we losing this battle?" one of the maidservants cried out.

"It looks as though we weren't ready for these invaders," another one spoke in fright. "They hold power that is greater than ours!"

"That is not true. Atlantis is more powerful," she thwarted. "They are no match against us." She had to believe what she just said. She has faith in her husband-king.

"Your highness!" Anya exclaimed in alarm, beckoning at the queen's necklace. Queen Tisha held her necklace over her eyes and saw how the once illuminated crystal pendant gradually dimmed before her eyes.

It was a bad omen.

The queen's widening eyes remained fixed at the crystal object; alarm written all over her face.

The light vanishing from the crystal pendant could mean that the royal white crystal pinnacled atop the fortress had lost its power, perhaps destroyed. It could mean the end of Atlantis.

The Royal White Crystal sustains the whole of Atlantis its magical powers; its life and light energy.

The maidservants also discovered for themselves that the glow from their crystal necklaces has left. Suddenly the interior lights of the palace flickered out all around them and a rupture of people cries can be heard in the dark.

"This cannot be," the queen uttered in alarm but immediately tried to compose herself in front of her daughter.

"Oh no, we are doomed, your highness!" one of the maidens cried out.

"Now, now, have faith everyone. Have faith in Atlantis. We are favored by the Gods,"

She nodded to herself at that. She believed that her husband-king and Travan the Sorcerer, if they weren't God-sent, were Gods themselves.

She remembered that day...50 years ago. It was a time of great cataclysm in their land. Famine, earthquakes, tidal floods and all sorts of upheavals inflicted the whole island. Then Travan appeared from the heavens in a strange flying metal object. In their munds, he was the God that answered their prayers and sacrifices. He ended all catastrophes with the mighty power of his hand.

He brought with him a little boy who would soon establish the mighty kingdom of Atlantis. Fifty years later, she married this grandson of a God.

Atlantis was the only kingdom on Earth ruled directly by a God, in her beliefs.

Now in the present, could it be that another God is waging war upon them? What are the odds that they would win in a supernatural war?

She looked at her daughter. "We must get to your father fast."

What they saw in the throne room gripped them. The biggest enemy ship hovering high-up above the sky flared its blue light at King Atlas, who stood spell bounded on the edge of the terrace. Wrapped up in the light barrier, his eyes were icy blue.