Chapter 33 - Reunion

"Alec, No -" called Phil in a vain attempt to stop Alec.

But Alec had already made his maneuver. He ducked and turned, avoiding the brunt of the spear that was pointed at his back, and kicked the soldier who was directly behind him above the knees sending it staggering a few steps back.

Sanders, grinning, joined in the fighting stance. "C'mon, lieutenant! Three against two, it's gonna be a cinch. And we've fought hand to hand with these guys before, they suck."

"You don't have to join in, Lieutenant, Sanders, but I am going to save Lindsey," Alec told them.

"Alec, you are a pain. Fine, let's get on with it," said Phil as he curled his hands into a fist.

And the three men readied themselves as the two soldiers came at them...

*********

"They're trying to escape! They heard you, Lindseymiles!" Garullo was telling the girl what he is seeing in his mind's eye currently.

"They are? I'm gonna get rescued!" She cried gleefully. She could hear muffled thumps, groans, and yells from outside. It went on for about 5 minutes.

"The soldiers are down! They are coming to our door now!" Garullo announced.

Standing infront of the doorway, Lindsey held her breath in anticipation. As the hatchway slid open, she opened her mouth. "Oh, thank you! Thank you so much! You have no idea how -" she stopped mid-sentence seeing the familar faces, dumbfounded and unsure what to think.

"You - guys???"

"LINDSEY!" The guys burst into gleeful grins with their arms opened wide.

"Wait- what?" She said as she stared at their uniforms. "You're WDF? I don't understand..."

"We are here to rescue you!" Sanders exclaimed.

"Oh! Of course- thanks," Lindsey realised that more than anything she is just happy to see people from back home, let alone people she knows...and Alec.

And her heart leaped up. "Oh my God! you have no idea how happy and relieved I am right now! But - but...I don't understand - I thought you were students from Harvard!"

"Um, I had to tell you that for the 'mission'," Alec started to explain.

"A mission?"

"It was our cover for a mission, Miss Miles. A top secret WDF mission," Sanders jumped in.

Lindsey was wide-eyed in confusion...about everything that has been happening so far and what she had been discovering lately. She felt like being dropped in the middle of a tornado and being caught up in the whirl. She pursed her lips, nodding to herself and deciding to take everything in stride until she can piece everything together at the end of the day.

"That's enough, men," Phil interjected.

"But lieutenant, surely we can tell her everything now. She is in on this now -" Alec protested.

"Now is not the time for such discussion. We need to work out what to do now," Phil said.

Alec turned to Lindsey at that. "It's quite a long story, Lindsey. Right now, we are here to rescue you and get you out of here," said Alec.

She smiled at that and Alec felt deeply rewarded for all his decisions so far. He was smirking inside of him.

"Oh yeah - how do we get out of here? What do we do now?" Sanders said, responding to Phil. "We don't know how to get out of here and how to get back to our planet. For starters, we were ferried into this old ship from their mother fortress. Our spacefighters are being kept in the mother fortress. How do we get back to them to fly back to Earth!"