Chapter 13: The Truth

Your hearing was muffled. Your eyes began to open ever so slowly. Everything was blurry. You could make out a figure above your staring at you and you could feel this figure holding your hands. You looked over to the window where the light was bursting through. You closed your eyes quickly because the light really hurt your eyes. You opened them back slowly adjusting to your surroundings. Your vision became more clear and you saw that the figure was Neji. You smiled at the thought of Neji staying with you. Neji was still standing over you watching you thoroughly, like he didn't want to miss anything. He brought his hand up to your head. "Ouch!" You said without realising you could talk yet, it's almost like you were learning how to do everything again. Like you were a baby. "Sorry! Glad to see your awake," he said, you concentrated on his face. "...Neji" you said with a low whisper. He could see that it was painful to talk, or do anything for that matter. "(Y/n) it's ok. Just relax for now, your safe now." He said with a smile you smiled back to look around the room. "I'm gonna go get a nurse ok?" He walked out trying to call a nurse. Lady Tsunade came in and quickly gave you a check up. "She should stay the day so we can monitor her but if she does ok she should be allowed to go home later today." Neji smiled at her and looked back at you. She walked out and you was left with Neji. You went to sit up but Neji pushed you straight back down. "You need to rest" he said with a smile. "How did I .... end up here?" You said trying to read a reaction. "We'll talk about that later, for now." I still need to know answers.

--Time Skip--

It was the end of the day and you were released from the hospital and Neji took you home to Ten Ten who was out on a mission for the time you was in the hospital. "Ten Ten should be home tomorrow, if you need anything just call me, I'm gonna stay here the night if that's ok with you, I'll be on the couch." You smiled at the thought of how nice he was being. "Neji?" You said concerned.

"Yes?" He replied.

"How did I end up at the hospital?"

"It was, Sasuke. He threw you to the side and you hit your head on the table. But it's my fault you got in this state    (y/n) .." He looked at his feet with you sitting in the bed next to him. You took his hand in yours, "Neji .. It's not your fault, you saved me from him. Sasuke was doing things ... I don't want him to a-" you were cut off

"I fought with him (y/n)!"

"What? What does that have to do with it?"

"I left you a fought him." He looked at his feet.

"What do you mean?"

"I left you unconscious to fight him, I thought you'd be ok for a little bit and it would be best if I gave him a piece of my mind"

"You left me?!"

"I did it with the best intentions, just... I did it for you..." He looked into your eyes "you looked full of fear when you hugged me an-"

"Neji" you hugged him tight. "Thank you" you whispered. I love you. You thought the last part in your head. Neji hugged you back tighter. Everything felt good for once. You felt at home.

--Time Skip--

It was the next morning and you woke up to the smell of something really good. What is that? You went downstairs to see Neji making you breakfast. "Oh your up I was gonna give you breakfast in bed haha" you sat down at the table to be served the food and he sat opposite you when TenTen burst in with a smile on her face. "(Y/n)! You've got a mission with me and Neji!!!" You shot up from your seat. My first mission in the leaf village, she must finally trust me. "What is it?"

"It's only a C ranked mission but we need to gather research" you were so excited.

"When do we leave?"

"Now!"

You got dressed straight away and rushed downstairs and left with them 2 behind you.
You arrived at the gate ready to leave with everyone. You couldn't hold in your excitement. This is gonna be so good.

Neji POV
We were going on a mission together, she is so excited. Bless her. This mission is gonna be a couple of days, I hope we get to bond together.

--Time Skip--

Normal POV
You were researching the Akatsuki and where there base was, the reason it was a C rank was because we weren't actually meant to go near the base, just going around villages and gather information. But the villages took 2 days to get there. This was gonna be a long mission, but I'm with a Neji. You were walking in silence and it was getting dark, "we should stop for the night" Ten Ten said. As you made a fire and laid down to eat you heard something in the trees, you shot your head around, but nothing. What was that? I have a bad feeling once you finished your meal you all laid down to sleep.

Neji POV
I woke up early to hear a loud noise. I looked around. Where's (y/n)? I got up and looked around to see if she just went on a walk. "BYAKUGAN" I looked around with my eyes to see if I could sense her chakra. Nothing. "Wake up where's (y/n)!" They all woke up looked at me like I was mad. I can't sense her chakra at all. But then Ten Ten notices something in the ground. "Look at this" she said studding the piece of what seemed to be a little bit of white clay covered in blood. The Akatsuki! "The Akatsuki, there taken her. She's a jinchuuriki!"