Chapter Fourteen

Arashi's POV

I used the Hrashin-No-Jutsu to go to the hospitals front desk. I asked the receptionist, "Hi, I was wondering if Kiba Inuzuka was still here?"

"I'm sorry but he was released about an hour ago." She said.

I sighed, "Thanks for your time."

I walked out of the Hospital and, again, used the Harashin-No-Jutsu. I appeared next to Kiba and smiled when I saw him. I tapped him on the shoulder still smiling. He turned around slowly, as if depressed. He scowled at me and I frowned. I asked, "Kiba? What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong is the girl I love told some nurse to tell me that she thought we should just be friends, because she never actually loved me, and now she's standing in front of me smiling as if nothing is wrong!" Kiba exclaimed.

I looked at him surprised, "Kiba I never told anyone that. I wouldn't ever hurt you like that, You know I lov-"

Kiba interrupted me, "Don't lie to me. Not anymore."

He walked off leaving me standing on the sidewalk, wide-eyed and heartbroken. But I never did any of that! Why would he not believe me? Is this just his way of... of breaking it of? What happened? I mean just days ago we were fine, but now.... What just happened?

I used the Harashin-No-Jutsu and appeared next to Daddy. I didn't even look to see where we were I just jumped into his arms and started crying. Daddy held me tightly as I sobbed. My hands clutched at my chest where my heart would be if Kiba hadn't just shattered it. Daddy moved my hair away from my face but I slapped his hand away. I wanted my hair to cover my face, I wanted to have that curtain that I could easily hide behind.

I just kept sobbing. I really don't know how long I cried. I just know that I only stopped because I started gasping for breath because I couldn't breath. The sobs were racking my body so hard I couldn't even taking in a breath. I was still crying, just no sobbing, when Daddy asked, "Arashi Hatake! Calm down and tell me what the hell happened!"

I leaned backwards and did a back handspring out of his arms. I sat at his feet, and made my hair fall in my face. I decided that I wasn't doing this. Arashi Hatake, you get a hold of yourself right now! So what if Kiba doesn't want you anymore? So what if your mate, shattered your heart and broke your spirit? Just don't let anyone see it. You are Arashi Hatake! You don't let people do this to you! You never have before, so why start now?

I looked around the room for the first time and noted we were in the Hokage's office. The only other person in here besides us was the Hokage himself. I was done. I was done, letting people see the real me and letting them get close to me, because this is what happens. They draw you in, nice and sweet and then stab you. They break your heart. They take your sanity. They break your protective walls. They do everything they can to break you.

I finally answered Daddy. My voice was monotone and gave no emotion away. My mask was on and I didn't know if it would ever come off. I said, "Kakashi, in regard to your earlier inquiry, Kiba has ended our relationship. I will retire now, see you at the house."

I walked back to the house, not really caring that I could be there in an instant if I wanted to. I watched the village go about it's normal business. Stores were busy and people stopped on the street to talk to each other. I walked to the house slowly, I really didn't want to go home yet. I pressed on though. I walked through the door about ten minutes later and went to my room.

I sat down at my desk and pulled out my art supplies. I sat down and let my mind take over, my hands moving automatically. I watched as my hands mixed blacks and greys, molding them into a painting. I sat the painting down, not caring to see what it was. I went to the bathroom to clean my brush. I washed the brush and started to walk out, but I stopped short when I looked in the mirror. My hair was up and you could see my vibrant purple eyes.