Chapter Eighteen

Arashi's POV

I had just walked into the hotel room that Sasuke and I had. I threw myself down on the only bed, exhausted from today's work. I heard the door open and whipped around only to find Sasuke himself. I groaned and whinnied, "Nii-san! Please tell me you found something!"

"Nothing. These people are either the most idiotic oblivious people that exist, or this Kenzo Yuuta guy doesn't exist.." Sasuke said.

"I'll go with the first option...." I mummbled. Then louder, "But we've been here for three weeks!"

"Maybe we should just wait until the next raid and go with them. I read in the file they don't care what sex or age the kids are...." Sasuke trailed off.

"I think you might be right...." I said smally, "I just don't want to be put in that position again...."

"You'll never be in that position again. You aren't a weak little girl anymore. You're strong enough to take anyone they throw at us." He said determined.

"Alright, I'll go speak to that waitress in the sushi place again. She seems to know more than she lets on. If I transform into an older Women and tell her I just want to protect my kids she might be able to tell me some sort of pattern they have......." I said.

"That's actually a pretty good idea." He said, sounding surprised.

I ignored his tone and teased, "You wanna be one of my kids?"

"Just go already." He said.

"Fine be back in 40 tops." I told him walking out the door.

While walking to the little Sushi bar I thought back to the last three weeks. We had asked almost in the village about Kenzo, but everyone either threw us out or lied, badly, about knowing anything. I had got frustrated and almost ended up killing one of the villagers. Thankfully I had transformed into someone else, so he wouldn't recognize me now. The last three weeks have been torture, no information, nothing to do, no appearances by Kenzo, no raids, no announcements, and the one that was killing me the most: No Kiba.

I ran my hand over the choker he had gotten me so long ago. I still wear it every single day. Whenever I missed him, it served as a constant reminder of him.

I walked into the Sushi bar, already transformed, and ordered the first thing I saw on the menu. I looked around and thankfully found that the place was almost empty. She brought me my box of food quickly and I said, "Can I...please ask you a few questions?" I tried to sound hesitant, like I was scared.

"Sure." She said smiling at me kindly. She sat across from me and smiled at me encouragingly.

I asked, "C-can you please tell me a-about K-k-kenzo?" I asked, making myself stutter horribly over Kenzo, knowing she would feel bad for me.

"I'm sorry miss but I really should discuss this..." She trailed off, looking pained that she couldn't help me.

That's when I asked, "P-please? I-i have kids. I just want to make sure I can keep them safe. Please, please I promised them. I'm a single mother and I don't know what to do." I begged, making my eyes fill with tears.

"Ma'am, I really...." She trailed off, looking at me pleadingly.

This is my last trick, it better work..... "Please miss? I have to know. I-I have to make sure my kids are safe. I p-promised my husband before he died that I would make sure no harm ever came to them." I told her.

"How did he die?" She asked, looking horrified.

I made a few tears slip out and said, "Our home was attacked by a few rouge Ninja a week ago. He killed two of them, but the last one killed him and our daughter. The rouge took every thing of value and left me and my boys alone. We were in the corner of the room the whole time....watching..." I trailed off. My voice broke in all the right places and I sobbed once or twice. All in all I was proud of myself, but I felt horrible for tricking this poor woman....