Chapter Twenty-one

Arashi's POV

The last few weeks have been brutal! I haven't seen anyone besides Kiba and my team. I now loath team missions, mostly because I have to act like I don't care about any of them. Sasuke and Kakashi both know what's going on so it doesn't really affect them, but it's really hurting Sakura and Naruto.

I had asked Tsuande yesterday if I could switch to solo missions. When she said no I argued and said that it would give the Atasuki more opportunities to talk to me. She eventually agreed and I had just returned from a mission. It was a simple assassination and I completed it in about 2 hours.

I turned in my report quickly, but said nothing. I could feel someone watching and I need to keep up my act. I walked briskly out of the Hokage's office and headed straight for the training grounds. I went to training grounds three and stood in the middle of the field.

I took out a Kunai and got into a defensive stance. I said, "Itachi, Kisame, you guys can come out now."

"How did you know?" Itachi asked.

"Besides recognizing your chakras from the hotel? I would have to say Kisame would've been a mystery, but your chakra signiture is so much like Sasuke's Nii-san." I told him.

"Nii-san?" Kisame asked.

"I consider Sasuke an older brother even if he is annoying and a self centered jerk. Meaning, by default, Itachi is also my Nii-san." I said. "Are you guys attacking me or no?"

"No, we did not come to fight." Itachi said. I stared at him for a minute before nodding and putting away my Kunai.

I asked, "Then why are you here?"

"To get you." He said.

"Ptf, no seriously why are you here?" I asked.

Kisame chuckled and said, "We're here for you."

"I thought you said you weren't going to attack me?" I asked, trying to sound suspicious.

"We wont, I just want to talk." Itachi said. "Will you come with us? Think about your answer. Think about your so called 'friends' that you don't like. Don't deny it, we've been watching. Even Sasuke you act like he doesn't mean anything. Kakashi must have done something wrong, you act like he doesn't even exist. Think about it. Should you return back to your family that must have turned their backs on you? Or come with us, and have a new family?"

"I can't leave Kiba." I said firmly.

"Yet, you can't protect him properly, can you?" He asked.

I looked down at my feet and put a hand to the choker Kiba had given me. I looked up at him, "He can take care of himself."

"No he can't. You know it too, you're just trying to convince yourself. You know how easy it is for someone to get killed. You know how cocky he is. You know how weak he really is. What does that add up to for you? Someone else you have to worry about. Come with us, we'll make you strong enough to protect him. The only thing you have to do is work with us." Itachi said, walking forward.

"But, I cant just-...." I cut off abruptly. I prended to think about it. I told him, "I need some time to think, I'll meet you in the forest just inside the gate in 15 minutes if I decide to come." I threw a kunai at Itachi's feet and said, "I'll apear next to that Kunai."

"How do we know you wont tell someone we're there?" Kisame asked.

"Itachi knows." I told him before using the Harashin-No-Jutsu to appear in my room. I grabbed my special summoning scrolls I made. I only had three before, but I had made two more. I put clothes in two. Weapons in two. The last scroll took the longest to pack. I put inside memories.