Chapter 1

"Laurance, we need to go after Zane!" Aphmau said.

"I know, let's get moving!" Laurance replied.

As they headed towards the portal, Laurance went through, but Aphmau was pulled back roughly. Garroth was the one who had pulled her back.

"W-what? Garroth! What is the meaning of this, we need to go after Zane before it's too late!"

"Aphmau..."

"Yes Garroth, what is it?"

Garroth pushed Aphmau roughly to the ground, and then pulled out a sword. He poised himself so he could kill her as easily as he could. Aphmau was in so much shock that she was unable to move. Just as Garroth's sword was about the enter her, a man tackled Garroth to the ground. As Aphmau recovered from the shock, she saw that the stranger was the one who had saved her.

"How dare you try to kill Aphmau! I thought you loved her." As the stranger said the last word, he rushed to Aphmau while Garroth recovered from his attack. Garroth took a step, then another, until the stranger spoke.

"If you get any closer to my future wife, I'll tear you to shreds."

Aphmau looked in a dazed confusion at the stranger.

"wha..." She whispered before passing out.

"F-future wife?" Garroth uttered, shocked. The stranger took the chance to attack Garroth once more and knock him out. A few moments, Laurance exited the portal, announcing that Dante, the other soldiers and him had all defeated Zane, and that he was being escorted to a prison now. Upon seeing Garroth and Aphmau on the ground, with the stranger stroking Aphmau's face, he grew very alarmed. He rushed to Aphmau, checking for a pulse. When he found one, he asked what happened.

"Garroth tried to kill Aphmau. Luckily I was around or he would've succeeded."

"WHAT?!? G-Garroth tried to.... Zane... Zane was behind this. See, there's one of his hex bags!" Laurance said as he took it off Garroth and promptly burned it. At that moment, Garroth snapped awake.

"What? Where am I? What happened?"

When Garroth saw the stranger and Aphmau, he remembered what he tried to do. What Zane made him do.

"Oh no... Aphmau! Is she okay?"

"Yes, but you... You stay away from her!" The stranger said menacingly. At that moment, Laurance finally realized that Garroth was awake.

"Garroth! You're awake? Are you ok? How did Zane get to you?"

"Laurance, I'm fine. He must have gotten to me in my sleep. You watch Aphmau; I would like to speak to the stranger alone for a moment."

Leaving Aphmau with Laurance, Garroth and the stranger headed to a hut that was near the portal.