Chapter 2

Garroth and the stranger entered the hut.

"What is it you want, Garroth?" The stranger asked.

"You said Aphmau was your future wife. What exactly were you talking about?"

"Its-its hard to explain. It's a very long story."

Garroth made himself comfortable, then said," I have all day."

"Fine. I come from around two years in the future. I actually knew all this was going to happen, but certain... events hindered me from getting there sooner. In the future, or reality, I come from, you succeeded in killing Aphmau, Laurance and everyone in Phoenix Drop, along with yourself. All of this was orchestrated by Zane. I traveled here to prevent that from happening, thus changing the fate of this reality. Since I did manage to stop it, I have no clue what happens after this."

As the stranger finished his story, Laurance entered the hut and said," Guys, Aphmau hasn't woken up yet. I'm getting worried; we should move her to Phoenix Drop." The stranger and Garroth said they'll be out in a moment. As soon as Laurance exited the hut, he could be heard yelling.

"DANTE! FIND AS MANY GUARDS AS YOU CAN! APHMAU IS MISSING!"

The two men ran out of the hut, only to see the spot where Aphmau was laying to be empty. The stranger ran to where Aphmau was, and sank to his knees. Too shocked to move, he didn't join Laurance, Garroth and Dante in the search. They all headed into the forest, worried and frightened of what happened to Aphmau.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The stranger awoke, realizing he had fallen asleep in his shock. He looked around, and noticed a couple of feet in front of him; Aphmau lay in a peaceful sleep. He moved closer to her, then set her head in his lap.

"I'm so glad you're safe... I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

A few peaceful moments passed by until the clanking of armor snapped him out of his trance. Laurance, Dante, Garroth, and the other guards emerged from the forest. Dante noticed Aphmau, and then motioned for Laurance and Garroth to look up. When they saw her, tears filled their eyes. Once making sure she was alive, they grew very confused.

"She was here the entire time?" Laurance said slowly.

"Yes, though I don't know how or why." The stranger replied.

Aphmau, still in a deep sleep, was moved into the Old Lord's House. There, Levin and Malachi were informed of what happened. The stranger then excused himself to go watch over Aphmau.

As he was setting himself down next to her, she began to mutter in her sleep.

"Garroth... try to kill me..? The stranger.... Something odd... I'm his wife?" The stranger, staying as still as he could, placed a gentle peck on her lips. A few moments after he had, Aphmau's eyes fluttered open.

"Hm? Oh, you! What happened?" Aphmau asked.

"That doesn't matter right now. I'm going to go let the others know you are awake." He said swiftly, getting up. Aphmau managed to grab his arm, and pulled him closer to her.

"I do remember what you said before I passed out... I would like answers after I've seen everyone, if you don't mind." With that said, she let the stranger go. He headed down the stairs and told the others that she was awake. When Garroth passed him, the stranger told Laurance to not let him get too close. Laurance nodded, then ran upstairs to see Aphmau. Aphmau smiled upon seeing Laurance, but that happiness soon turned to fear when she saw Garroth.

"Don't come any closer!" She said menacingly. A look of hurt crossed Garroth's face, but he remained where he was. Laurance sat near Aphmau, then asked her how she was feeling.

"I'm fine. Is Zane taken care of?"

"Yes. Dante and the others helped me make sure of that."

Aphmau sighed, content that her greatest fear had been put to rest. She then asked everyone to leave her be, for she needed some time alone to think. After many hours, she decided to go confront the stranger. She grabbed some fresh clothes, a bite to eat, and then left for the forest.