Chapter 4: Strange Happenings

Aphmau walked to Laurance, and spoke.

"I-I'm sorry I was gone for so long. It will not happen again."

Hearing her voice, Laurance's head lifted off the table. He rushed to her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Y-you were gone for so long... I-I feared the worst..."  He tightened the grip he had on her, then said," What the hell happened?"

Aphmau sat Laurance down and explained what had happened. She left out the parts about the kiss and Aaron's name, for Laurance would certainly lose control of his form if he found out.  After a few moments of processing the information, he said," We should wake the others. They were worried sick too, you know."

Aphmau gave a quick nod, then walked over to the others.  She shook Garroth until he woke.

"What? *hic* Laurance, I was *hic* having a nice *hic* dream... why'd ya *hic* wake me? *hic*"

With that, Garroth promptly turned over and fell asleep. Aphmau sighed, then turned to Katelyn, Dante, and Kawaii~Chan.  She gently shook them till they woke.

"hm? APHMAU! YOU'RE ALIVE!" Katelyn yelled, before tackling her with a hug. After standing back up, Dante, Kawaii~Chan, and Katelyn all gave her a hug.  Aphmau re-explained her story, all of them listening intently.

"What did the creature look like?" Laurance asked.

"It was a Shadow Soul." Aaron said. Dante and Laurance shared a look, then asked everyone if they could leave them alone for the rest of the day unless needed.  Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan left the tower, chattering aimlessly. Aaron and Aphmau followed behind, until Aaron pulled Aphmau to the side for some privacy.

"Aaron? What has gotten into you?"

"Aphmau, Shadow Souls are a big deal. They are very dangerous. Don't go walking around outside the walls alone a whole lot, ok?" With that said, Aaron walked off, finally giving Aphmau a chance to process all that has happened to her. While walking to her house, she reflected on Aaron's story, as well as the kiss. She realized she may be starting to like him. Flustered, she headed inside her house and went to bed soon after. At the strangers house, he too was reliving the kiss. Oh Aphmau, he thought, if only I knew if we fall in love in this life, I'd do it all the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Aphmau had a strange dream. Dante was hurt badly, and then he was suddenly ok. At another point, she even dreamed she was in another realm. She woke, confused by her dream. Shrugging it off, she ate and got dressed, then headed out to start another day.