Chapter 5: Powers?

The next day passed by rather uneventfully. Laurance would not leave Aphmau's side, as he was too afraid of something happening to her. That night, they had dinner to celebrate Aphmau's return, and the defeat of Zane. Later that night, as Aphmau was getting ready for bed, she felt a presence in her room. She turned around, but all she saw were rose petals leading out the doorway. Aphmau decided to follow them, as it was quite suspicious. She wondered if she should get Dante or Laurance, but thought against it. Following the rose petals, they led her outside the gates of Phoenix Drop. She could see the mystic beauty illuminated by the moonlight, and wondered where the rose petals could be leading her. Soon, the petals turned into flowers of all kinds. She started gathering them, and soon she had a large bouquet in her hands. The flowers turned back into rose petals, and she continued following them. She was afraid of another creature attacking her, so she walked as quickly as she could. Seeing the end of the path, she noticed that the rose petals led to a beautiful Weeping Willow. She walked under the tree's delicate leaves, trailing her free hand along them as she did. After she had "entered" the tree, she saw Aaron standing under it, near the creek.

"What is this place?" Aphmau asked.

"It's a place that existed in my reality. I was hoping it was here as well, and I'm very glad it was. I thought you should see it, especially when it's like this at night."

"Oh.. Weill, it is beautiful. By the way, what's up with the flowers and rose petals? I mean they pretty, but still."

"W-well.." Aaron said while blushing. "I.. uh-well, in my reality- I didn't know how else to get you here! I also had a ton of extra flowers from-" He practically shouted before clamming up. Aphmau started to giggle, and it soon turned to uncontrollable laughter.

"W-what's so funny?" Aaron asked, the blush still evident on his cheeks.

"You! Its really funny (and cute, she thought) when you get flustered." Aphmau said when she finished laughing. Aaron smiled, then laid down on the grass to watch the stars. Aphmau had started to lay next to him when the sound of running footsteps got their attention. The footsteps got louder, Aaron and Aphmau prepared themselves to fight whatever it was. That is, until Laurance burst through the leaves of the tree. Aphmau noticed he was in Shadow Knight form, which was not good.

"APHMAU! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!" He said, his monstrous form making him yell. He noticed Aaron and narrowed his eyes.

"YOU! YOU PUT HER IN DANGER, DIDN'T YOU?! I'LL TEAR YOU TO SHREDS!"

Aaron prepared to fight, but Aphmau stepped in between them. Aaron looked at her face, and saw her eyes were glowing white. In a voice that was not hers, she uttered something strange.

"Sleep now. It is not time to fight. You both need to be on the same side, and not against each other."

After she said that, both Aaron and Laurance were knocked out cold. The glowing in Aphmau's eyes faded, and she too fell unconscious.