Chapter 1 - Introduction

"Kendall! Look up here!"
"Pose kendall!"
"Let me see the face babe!"
"Kendaaaall!"
"Over here! Over here!"
"Who are you wearing?"

The voices keep calling me as I try my best to walk into the restaurant among the huge crowd that surrounded me. Some are actual fans, asking for an autograph or selfie while others mostly include the paparazzi and journalists.

Paparazzi.

They are a regular and equally annoying part of my daily life. They actually get paid for following me around and detecting flaws or parts of my life others are unaware of. They get very excited to shame me, to publically leak anything embarrassing they can put their hands on, and spread rumors that could possibly never be farther away from reality.

Struggling with false rumors is a rather daily routine for anyone in my industry if we are to be honest. They're always flying around in the social media for every single person in show business. Some I myself tend to doubt about.

I don't think I have to even begin telling you about the amount of hate I get. Though it is much less than my sisters and parents, it's still dangerously high.

My friend, Taylor, puts this better than anyone else :
Haters gonna hate.

I guess haters are a fact of life. They have always been there and will always be there no matter how hard you try to please others, it's impossible to have everyone get to like you. It's just not going to happen. I decided to go down the Taylor road and shake it all off eventually.

I am Kendall Jenner. Welcome to my life.

*

"Kendall! Look over here please!"
"Make a sexy pose!"

I put my hand away from my face when I enter the restaurant. The restaurant is decorated with modern structure. A very adolescent likely atmosphere which is thoroughly designed to attract people my age. It's been successful so far, I might add.

"Miss Jenner!" A waiter calls for me as I take my glasses off. "Yes?" He's wearing a uniform with his name neatly tagged on it. "Let me guide you to your table." He smiles. I briefly nod as a response and let him lead me.

He walks me through the restaurant to the VIP room and opens the door for me to enter.

"Kendall!!!" My best friend, Gigi , exclaims as soon as I enter the room. She is wearing a plaid dress and matching shoes with her hair tied back to express her eyes' glamour.

"Hey bae!" I walk over to her and give her a bear hug. "No need to be all emotional! We were together only two days ago!" She jokes. "You're such a mood-wrecker." I giggle. "I came in like a wrecking ball, Kenki!" She winks and I smile.

"Bring us the usual, Bryan." Gigi tells the waiter. He nods once and leaves us alone in the room. "I really appreciate your asking me!" I use my fake offended tone. "I tried everything on their menu. My usual pick is the best. Trust me!" She explained. "I know. One would think you live here actually." I added sarcastically.

"Oh don't be that version of you." She pretends to have a remote control in her hand and aims it at me, trying desperately to change the channel. I giggle. "Let's change the channel to 'you'." I suggest. "How are things with Joe?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"It's all good." A huge smile makes its way to her lips the moment I mention his name. "Gigi Hadid! I officially demand inner information!" I use my stern tone. "Oh! And on what authority?" She raises an eyebrow suggestively. "I'm your best friend! Duh!" I shrug and wave my hands around my head as if its the most obvious fact ever.

The door openes and two waitresses bring us Gigi's 'usual'. "Thank you." We both thank them as they serve our menu. "Thanks girls." Gigi mentions as they exit the room.