Chapter 4 - Annie Clark

Annie Clark

She is a talented American singer/songwriter known by the stage name St Vincent for a long time. Her debute album 'Marry Me' was first released in 2007, which for many people, was the beginning of her rise to success and fame.

She has several number one hits like 'Digital Witness' or 'Bright in Reverse' in her very successful career. She is a musician who proved her talent to all haters when she won the Grammy award.

For music fans, she might be a legend. But for me, she's just an ugly bitch who happens to be my girlfriend's ex.

It's not like we had many unpleasant encounters with one another, Annie and I.
All we exchanged were common conversations that flow every single day among people. A simple greeting... 'Nice to see you' that deep inside screamed 'screw you bitch'.

We hate each other because she's been a major burden on Cara's shoulders and a massive obstacle as well against us getting together. Now, I have no idea on earth what she's doing here.

Last time we saw each other was a few months ago at Versace's when Cara and her were still together. And as much as I hate to admit this... So was I.

*

"I see you're here baby." She calls with her usual blank tone. I sometimes feel like this woman bears no emotions within her heart.

Cara looks at me intently before asking 'you ready to leave?' with her gaze, completely ignoring Annie's uneasy lingering presence. I nod my head once and stand up at the same time she does. Cara rubs my back softly while I grab my purse to leave.

"You used to love it when I called you baby." Annie snaps at Cara. She seems to not be able to care less about her. She grabs my hand and gives it a tight squeeze.
"Come on, babe." Cara smiles as she pulls my hand, encouraging me to follow her. We start walking toward the door.
"Get out of the way, Annie." She dryly responds when Annie stands blocking our way out.

"You..." She points her finger at me."It's all your fault." Annie spits the words out bitterly. "We would still be together if it wasn't for you!" She turns her attention back to Cara. Surprisingly, her eyes begin to water. "But you know it, right? We're meant to be together!" Cara shakes her head in frustration and tries to leave. Annie grabs her by the arm.

I feel a gut feeling go heavy on my chest. It's not exactly the best feeling to be referred to the way Annie called me.

"Don't you dare walk past me again!" Annie yells only to be ignored as Cara walks past her confidently. "We will get back together baby!" She shouts as we exit the dining room.

Cara gives my temple a sweet kiss before we walk out to all the paparazzi. "Never mind what she says, baby." Her hand never leaves my waist. "I love you. Only you. No one else but you!" She stares in my eyes and mutters. I grin at her playfulness. "I love you too."

-Flashback-

I walked inside through the red carpet finally freeing myself from the papz. "Kendall!" Gigi's familiar hands bumped my shoulders and gave me a semi heart attack. "Holy... Gosh! What's your issue!?!" I asked Gigi with fake offesnse as she giggled.