Chapter 2 - Reality Rocks

Have you ever felt so incredibly happy that you doubted the realty of the moment and wondered if it was just a cruel game of unconscious illusions? Following that usually comes the second when you pinch your arm to assure yourself, more than anything else, that you're alive.

I say alive, because it feels like that moment freezes your organs and shuts your brain down. Similar to a very brief mental breakdown where all you feel is adrenaline going through your veins. Your heart beats so fast you feel like it stopped.

That's exactly how I feel right now.

*

I don't know if I am alive anymore as I run over to Cara and embrace her for the first time since what feels like forever.

I wrap my arms tightly around her neck. "Hey baby!" She giggles softly. I grin and bury my nose in her loosely falling hair as a response. Oh God how I missed this.

I smell her scent in my nostrils again. It's much stronger than her pillow, I smile to myself and give her neck a quick kiss. I pull away from the prolonged hug excitedly. "I can't believe you're actually here!" I hug her again as I jump up and down like a five year old kid. She giggles again. "I had a few days off so I decided to pay my baby a visit." She explains happily.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." I look in her eyes. "Oh Gosh! you must be very exhausted!" Her eyes are extremely red and out of shape. She can never sleep on a plane. "I'm not tired at all!" She protests as she takes a few steps back to get her suitcase from the couch.

"Did I scare you?" She asks with concern. "No! I was just surprised. You told me you were on set like.. " I shrug softly. "Thirty seconds before I saw you!" I laugh.

"I wanted to surprise you but I tripped over that ... Vase..." She sighs. "I'm so so so so so so sorry!" She walks to me with pleading eyes. "It's alright! Don't mind it at all." I hug her once more.

"Let's go to our room?" I suggest and grab her suitcase. "Hey! Thief!" I playfully run towards the stairs. "Give it back!" She whisper yells. "When you're ready, Come and get it!" I joke with Selena's lyrics.

She gives in when she finally catches up with me on the fouth step. I grab her hand as we walk. I need a physical contact to make sure this is not a dream. Believing the fact that Cara is here, with me, 16 days earlier than the actual date sounds like a fictionary fairytale.

She softly strokes the back of my hand with her palm. I think I'm awake.

"How long are you going to be here?" I glance at her for a second. She smiles weakly. "Three days." I stop dead in my tracks. "THREE DAYS?" I ask her loudly. "I know it's very short baby, but it's all I could get. I... I tried so hard to make it longer than this..." She goes on. I can't believe that's how she observes my reaction.

"No! I'm surprised you flew in all the way from Paris to Los Angeles for three days!" I interrupt. "With your sleeping patterns and jet lag, everything is going to be complicated..." I stroke her cheek. "...Because of me." A smile makes its way to her lips. "Nothing's complicated with you."

I lean in and softly kiss her lips. We soon break the kiss as the sound of her suitcase falling down the stairs interrupts our moment. She laughs. "I think it's a suitcase for a vase!" I giggle as I hurriedly rush toward her luggage.

"Don't laugh at me." I playfully scowl her as I walk back up with the suitcase. "I'm laughing at my stuff." She giggles. "I hope there's nothing fragile in there." I muse. "No it's just clothes and stuff like that. It's fine." She smiles as we reach our bedroom.
I open the door for her and motion her to get in.