Chapter 5 - Heated Competition

When mom told me we were going to be on a reality show I was only nine years old. After she finished her illustration about the whole idea, I lost it. Admittedly it was too much to expect a 9 year old girl to be all comfortable with it.

I recall thinking back then.. My life is over. I thought I would never be able to live my life under these circumstances and from a certain perspective, I couldn't have been more accurate.

That very same night, when I heard Kylie crying her eyes out in her bed, I thought.. It can't be worse. Literally. That night, all my fears of being watched by the world and being judged and hated faded away because there was nothing more painful to me than seeing Kylie insecure and afraid enough to cry silently into her pillow at night.

I remember walking up to her and comforting her like an adult for the first time. I tried everything I could desperately to make her smile and that night, I slept holding her hand like a big sister.
All I want today for Kylie is to make sure she never feels the same way ever again in her life. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. I don't want her to hastily lock herself in an unhappy marriage she can't get out of.

My sisterly protectiveness rises whenever I feel like Kylie's being pressured. And this time, the source of all the tention is sitting on the family dinner table checking every ass his vision allows him out. That holy...

I start to calm down when Cara grabs my hand gently. "Take a deep breath." She mutters. I close my eyes and focus my attention on her breath tickling my neck as I enhale deeply. "Hold it in." I immediately hold it. A milion thoughts start to run through my head. Cara kisses my neck gently and whispers "Let all the negativity out with it." I let the breath out. It works every time.

"Feeling better?" I nod my head slowly. "I know you'll do your best, love." She smiles as she looks into my eyes. "Thanks for believing that." I whisper with a slight chuckle. "Anytime." She giggles and kisses my lips softly for one last time. I feel all the butterflies dancing in my gut again. Every single time.

"Let's go. They've waited enough already." She suggests and encourages me to go forward by pulling at my hand.

"GREERINGS FROM PARÍ" Cara screams with a fake French accent as we approach the table hand in hand. "Ohmygod Cara!" The whole table stands up as everyone except Kylie was blown away by her sudden appearance.

"Hey sissy." I greet Kylie. "Hey." She coldly replies and nods at Tyga. If this is what you really want... So hard to do... "Hey Tyga." I smile. "Hey Kendall whuzzup?" He asks with his general raper voice. "Not much. What about you?" He looks down at his pants and smiles at me. Disgusting.

Finally all the greeting with Cara abolishes and she sits down beside me. "When did you come back again?" Corey asks her. "Last night." "If Cara wasn't here I'd fry you in mom's new barbecue Kendall!" Khloe states with sarcasm making everyone laugh.

"Ohmygod I saved you!" Cara puts her hand over her heart and fakes an exciting face with the usual silly expression she uses. "Where is the barbecue again Khloe?" I ask her coldly. Everyone laughs as I grab Cara's hand from underneath the table and give it a reassuring squeeze.

"How long are you here for?" Kim asks. "Another two days." Cara smiles weakly. "Shoot." Everyone goes silent. "That's not long." Kourtney mutters. "Thanks for the critical explanation Einstein." Khloe jokes again to lighten the mood.

Halfway through the lunch, there's no sign of the positive energy I brought in the beginning. My hand is tightly buried in Cara's and is probably giving her circulation system a very hard time providing oxygen for the tissue there.