A red rose for you, Sam

[In this story, Sam works in a coffee shop and Gabriel is a full time musician]

Earlier that day...

"Hey there sir, what can I get you?" Sam questioned, putting on the false smile he always does when greeting customers.

"Maybe a hot chocolate with extra milk please," The male replied, pushing his hair back. Sam smiled again with a nod, going over to the machine and started to make the drink, putting it on the counter in front of him once it finished. The young man placed a $5 on the counter, telling Sam to keep the change and found someplace to sit down, pulling out some paper and a pencil, skimming through the papers and zoned out from authenticity, into what was on the paper.

Once Sam got his break he walked over to the guy and sat opposite him. "The names Sam,"

"Gabriel," Gabriel didn't lift his eyes off the paper, his tone quite serious. They both sat there and did make small talk but not too much of course. Sam's break ended and said his farewells to Gabriel as he grabbed his bag and walked out the shop, heading down the street.

Present time...

Sam came home from an elongated, tough day at work, covered in coffee stains and the smell of sweat loitered around him like moths to a flame. He closed the door and picked up the mail off the floor, expensive bills but a pale blue letter was hiding under all the bills with the bland white notes. He placed the white letters on the table and ripped open the blue one, the handwriting very extravagant and well written:

Dear Mr. Sam Winchester,

I would love to invite you down to the music gala of the nation's best musical bands. If you wish to attend please show up at the Symphony Hall tonight, at 6pm, please dress for the occasion.

Yours truly, head of the S.H.B.B,

Gabriel Novak

S.H.B.B? Sam contemplated for what that could stand for, probably some musical term. Sam debated to himself whether to turn up, since he had paperwork to do tonight but he knew he couldn't turn down this big opportunity; but what mystified him was the name. He recognised it from somewhere but couldn't put his finger on it, it was a indistinct memory of the name, let alone the person himself.

That night, Sam threw on a black suit, a black tie and slicked his hair back, he didn't want to be too formal but he failed at that, he looked like his was ready for a wedding of some sort, or maybe a funeral due to his lack of colour. He started walking towards the performing hall, the streets lights lighting up the attractive area, the sound of instruments clanging around, trying to get through the backstage, the performer door which was cramped. Sam walked up to the front desk and showed the women the ticket and showed him to his seat.

Sam leaned back and respected the view, stunning brass instruments lined up on the floor, the empty chairs making it seem like ghosts were playing music tonight. Sam felt a tap on his shoulder and sat up to catch a glimpse of a smaller man, his dirty blonde hair messy but looked just as formal as Sam did.

"Sam Winchester?" He asked, his voice sweet and light.

"That would be me," Sam played along, but he remembered the guy, this was Gabriel.

Gabriel pulled out a red rose and held it to him "A red rose for you, Sam," and placed it in his hands and vanished behind stage. Sam leaned back in his seat, admiring the rose as the different performers came out onto the stage. Throughout the night there was a string orchestra, a string quartet, wind band, singing ensemble but Sam couldn't see Gabriel who caught his eye earlier that night, until his band walked out onto the stage, him not following with them. The presenter spoke some words about the band and his final words caught Sam's attention.

"Could you give a warm welcome to the principal trumpet player, Gabriel Novak and their conductor, Mr Douglas," The audience begin to applaud their appearance on the stage, Gabriel and the conductor taking a bow before Gabriel finally took a seat and picked up his silver trumpet, everyone else's a brass gold. They played an assorted selection pieces, playing classic pieces such as Jupiter's theme from the Planet Suite to pieces that are more modern, playing a Disney Song Suite, which included most of Disney's classics.

The night ended and Sam got out his seat and waited for Gabriel to come out, when he did he looked exhausted.

"Did you enjoy tonight, Mr Winchester?"

"It's Sam, and yes, I did thank you,"

"Well I'm glad you did,"

"How would you feel if I asked you to dinner tomorrow, to celebrate tonight?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, and I'll be more than happy to attend dinner with you, Sam"