Never let me go

"Gabriel!" Sam's voice sliced through the echoic room.

Gabe felt something unsympathetic impale his stomach, gradually looking down at it as if something was forcefully keeping his head up. The sound of blood dripping onto the murky floor deafened Sam's ears as he couldn't bear to see the sight. Gabriel struggled to say words, like someone was choking him as he dropped straight to the floor, his legs unable to move and his body began to shut down. Sam rampaged over to the demon who did this but it was too late, the demon was gone within a flash. He released his weapons and knelt down in front of Gabriel, hauling him into his lap and cradled him. "It's gonna be alright Gabriel, I promise you'll be okay," Sam choked the words out as tears pricked his eyes, applying pressure to the wound to stop it but Gabriel's hand comes on top of Sam's.

"R-Remember me, won't you?" He choked up, looking up into Sam's disheartening eyes and Sam's tears fell onto Gabriel's face like soft rain. "Please... Don't cry. I'll always watch over you, I'll always be right here," He raised his fingers with a struggle, touching Sam's heart and for a moment, Sam felt love for the last time.

Gabriel's eyes began to close and his head drifted back. Sam sobbed harder as a burst of white light came from Gabriel's body and the ashes of his wings were dispersed across Sam's blood stained jeans.

"No... Gabriel! Don't leave me, you don't understand, I need you. You make me the happiest man on earth, you make me smile and your warm smile is addictive," He cracked a small smile as his finger pressed itself against a corner of Gabriel's mouth, moving it slightly to make his smirk. "Don't forget your big moose alright? Because I won't forget my beautiful angel." He struggled to finish the rest of his sentence, tears stung in his eyes as an emotional lump formed in his throat, holding the now emotionless angel body close to his shaking, heartbroken self.