you

please listen to the youtube video above for a better reading experience as you pace through chapter. thank you.

it's yoongi's birthday

wow

I've got everything set up. party stuff. there's colored tissue papers hanging from the ceiling and there's a big banner in the living room that says 'happy day of birth pd min'

I think yoongi will be really happy

it's a surprise birthday party. I told him to go buy some bananas or smth at the grocery store for a while so I can get the whole gang here

taehyung is here atm looking at me writing in this journal

gguk, namjoon hyung, seokjin hyung, and hoseok hyung are here too

mmmmboy

I am very excited!!!

-jimin, the content

"i'm going to fucking shit on your fucking face if you dare lay a finger on that goddamn cake," Seokjin hisses. a great way to start the day.

"hold your horses boys, Yoongi will be back in most likely an hour, so get those colorful balloons up and floating—and stop using all the helium for yourself!" Jimin scolds, seeing Namjoon and Jeongguk giggle to each other in high pitched voices. he hopes that this party won't be a mess.

Namjoon wears a donald duck party hat, Jeongguk a buggs bunny one, Taehyung a pikachu one, Seokjin a piplup one. Hoseok isn't wearing one yet. he's still choosing between this horse one and another llama one. Jimin wears a mickey mouse hat. he's prepared a minnie mouse party hat for the special boy—Yoongi.

it's 2 minutes until Jimin is sure Yoongi will be knocking on that door, so he orders the rest of them shut off the lights and get in position, huddled into the narrow space of their hallway.

they hear nonchalant footsteps outside. the door clicks open.

"i'm b—"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" the six of them shout, Jimin pops a party popper and the confetti lands delicately onto yoongi's surprised face.

"wow Yoongi, you look spiffy in that hoodie and sweatpants." Hoseok cackles to himself. Seokjin is at the end of the hall, he was in charge of turning on the lights once Yoongi came.

"you guys didn't have to do this," he sounds shy, but he has the biggest smile on his face right now.

"wait, you actually fell for jimin's trick?" taehyung deadpans.

"was I supposed to...?"

"yup, good job."

Jimin grabs Yoongi's hands, smiling widely as he locks eyes with Yoongi, eye smile evident. Yoongi's gummy smile is as wonderful as ever, and he is just radiating happiness right now. "i hope you like it." Jimin tells him, hand gently caressing Yoongi's cheek. Yoongi nuzzles just slightly into it.

"thank you, Jimin." Yoongi says quietly.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear—"