Chapter 12 : Choose

"Miss Sonya?" Lynn asked.

The little girl stood behind her, tiara still on her head. She watched for the past few minutes as the dead woman placed bowls, candles, along with other strange looking plants on a rock shaped table. The red haired witch didn't even turn to look back at her.

"Yes?" Sony asked.

"What is all this stuff for?"

"The ritual. It's special ingredients I'll need to help The Grim Reaper bring your Auntie back to life...even though I think their both completely mad."

"Sonya you aren't talking bad of me now, are you?"

The both looked up at the approaching siren, who sent her niece a warm smile. Grinning Lynn ran up to her and flung her small arms around her waist while Syrena raised an arched eyebrow at the witch.

"Of course not. How could someone ever speak bad of you Syrena?" Sonya said with a fake smile and causing the beautiful creature to roll her eyes.

"Where were you? You were gone for some time." Lynn said with a pout lifting her head up. Her small fingers played with the purple lace skirt of her aunts dress.

"I'm sorry, darling. There was a small thing that need to be taken care of." Syrena said, smoothing a hand down the girls hair. She looked over at Sonya who was beginning to light the candles.

"Are we all set?" Syrena asked.

"Yes. Just waiting for him to arrive." Sonya replied.

Lynn's hand unwrapped from around her waist. She began to jump up in down in excitement.

"Wow! This is really happening!" Lynn grins.

"Yay!" Sony's voice dripped with sarcasm. The witch fished a silver flask out of her shirt. "For all the hell that's about to take place in 10 minutes I'll need a drink."

They both ignored the red head. Syrena looked up towards the sky as the blood moon was almost there. The orange red taking over with only a quarter of white left. She took Lynn's hand and kneels down to her size.

"Lynn, there's something I need to tell you. As you know you are a very big part of this." Syrena said softly.

"You need my blood. And I will give you it to you Auntie." Lynn said.

Syrena smiled at her willingness to help, tucking a lock of dark hair behind her nieces ear.

"Little one...I'm not forcing you. You don't have to do this. You have a choice."

"But I want too! I don't belong with the humans. Dad tries and so does Zeke, but...the kids a school they look at him as if he's--"

"A beast, an abomination. A freak." Syrena says, very familiar with how the humans reacted to Hell Boy's appearance.

It always angered her. Even now. He was a living creature like her and others. Wanting him to suffer for what he did or not, she still hated how he was treated in the human world. And of course for Zeke it would be the same since he had his fathers looks. Lynn looks at her with hopeful eyes.

"Could we save him? Save Zeke?" Lynn asked.

"It's up to him. If he is just like he's father than I know what side he'll choose. But then again he might not be. Trying to belong in the human world isn't so easy for creatures like us. And it just isn't meant to be. Like Zeke there is going to be a side that you will have to choose as well, Lynn. Sooner than later." Syrena stood up, running her hands down to smooth out her dress.

With a snap of her hand came the sound of metal scrapping against stone, which dulled when it hit the grass behind them.

"This decision you will have to make tonight. You have to choose...will you side with me? Or--"

"Lynn! Lynn, baby!"

Lynn felt shock over come her small being as she looked behind her Aunt. In a rust looking metal cage was her mother. Who was up against the bars on her knees, her hands keeping her upper body from falling back against the floor of the cage. Liz felt relief swarm in her heart at the sight of her daughter safe and unharmed.

Syrena went over to the cage. Almost as if she was gliding against the ground. She had a unpleasant look on her face as she looked at Liz. Lynn watched her Aunt grabe her mothers arm tightly, watching her face scrunch up in pain.

"Or be like your father and side with the humans?"